- Alternate names: Zebra Stone, Zebra Jasper
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Brazil, Africa
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Moh Hardness: 7
- Colour: White and Black and can be brick red and avocado markings usually in stripy/band patterns
- Rarity: Common easily found in polished and cut forms
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Libra and Virgo
- Numerological Number: 11
- Element: Earth and Air
- Affirmation: Balance in my life is essential for true progression.
Zebra Jasper History Mythology Information: Most of the Jasper that is found and has been used since antiquity is spotted and motley in colour, however, Zebra Jasper has strips or bands through its patterning. It is typically seen in black and white patterns but can vary in colour with warm brick reds and avocado greens. Jasper was once considered a valuable and precious stone and was regularly used/worn by ancient Egyptian priests.
Zebra Jasper Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Zebra Jasper is a stone that allows you to find balance in your life, it assists you to understand that there’s always a different perspective: Ying/yang, male/female, black/white. Finding this balance will allow you to bring balance throughout your body on all levels, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Zebra Jasper is a very grounding and protective stone that allows you to firmly keeps your feet firmly on the ground as you see the other side or perspective of things in order to move forward on a more spiritual path. By being able to see the other perspective you will find that you are filled with a new zested for life and move forward with joy towards achieving all your goals.
One of the main things that Zebra Stone allows us to understand is the balance that surrounds us and working with it rather than ‘pushing’ against it. When things are in balance, there is a harmony in life and the path ahead will be smoother and easier. Affirmation: Balance in my life is essential for true progression.
Question: What areas in your life need to be more balanced?
Chakra – Root Chakra
Zebra Stone Physical Healing – Assists with strengthening and repair bone issues including helping to heal brakes, Helps with the circulation of bodily fluids particularly blood flow, helps with the lymphatic system.
Zebra Stone Applications suggested ways to use:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when needing to find balance within your life. Try combing with Moonstone and the delicate energy of Lepidolite.
- Worn/carried on an ongoing basis to help keep your eyes on the path forward.
- Is a wonderful stone to carry around with you to help you remain calm in a stressful situation and bring through grounding and protection. Make your own Mojo Bag by adding the Calm of White Howlite and the Protection of Black Tourmaline. This will also assist with seeing that not everything in life is Black and white 🙂
- It can be used in all energy work as a protection and grounding stone. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.
- Used in a grid for protection add with Selenite and Black Tourmaline.
- Used in healing over the affected area.