- Alternative Stone Names: Vesuvianite and Idocarse
- Crystal System: Tetragonal
- Mineral Class: Sososilicate – Silicate Family
- Location: Italy, Canada and Tanzania
- Colour: Green, Brown, Yellow and can have White inclusions. Sky Blue Vesuvianite is called Cyprine
- Rarity: Reasonable common
- Hardness Mohs: 6-7
- Forms: Terminated specimens, natural – Tumbled, cut, polished and faceted, higher gem quality can be found in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn and Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 2
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am in harmony with all things around me and draw the perfect matches to me.
Vesuvianite History Mythology Information (Idocrase): Was first discovered near Mount Vesuvius Italy in 1795 and given the name ‘Vesuvianite’ due to the location of discovery. Over the years it has been given a range of different names and the other commonly used one is Idocrase which tends to be used for gemstone quality specimens or faceted stones. When the quality is more ‘Jade’ like in colour it is referred to as Californite, California Jade, American Jade or Vesuvianite Jade.
Vesuvianite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Vesuvianite is a very heart oriented stone and will work through your Heart Chakra down. It is a great stone to assist you in forming and developing the right bonds/associations in your life that are the most beneficial. This accrues in all areas of your life to attract beneficial partners: business partners/associates, romantic relationships, friendships and acquaintances. It is one of those stones that allows you to be in the right place at the right time to find the perfect match! Vesuvianite is a very calming stone that is perfect to use when you are feeling emotional turmoil as it allows you to find the calm and release any repressed detrimental feelings you are holding and find balance and direction. It is fantastic to remove or clear negative energy or thought patterns that are causing you emotional stress and in doing so allows you to move forward. Affirmation: I am in harmony with all things around me and draw the perfect matches to me.
Question: What colour crystals are you often attracted to?
Chakra – Heart Chakra
Healing – on a physical level Vesuvianite assists with issues of nutritional absorption and in doing so strengths: skin, hair, bones, teeth and energy levels. Vesuvianite may also assists with any issues relating to the heart and circulatory problems.
Vesuvianite Application ways to use
- Meditate with it placed over your heart, place in a gride or hold in your right hand to release any blockages that are holding you back. Try combining with Amethyst, Unakite, Ametrine and or Clear Quartz.
- Meditate with it placed over any of your heart or hold in your left hand in order to receive any information on how to best move forward. Great stone for life purpose and forward progression are Vesuvanite, Blue Tigers Eye, Labradorite and Hypersthene.
- Used in grid or energy work for the higher purpose of yourself, to assist in finding your heart desires.
- Carried around as a hand warmer to assist in finding the most beneficial business matches and contacts. Stones best suited for this purpose are Vesuvianite, Red Phantom Quartz and Cinnabar.
- Worn as jewelry in your energy field in order to assist on a day to day basis.
- The perfect gift to give new relationships to strengthen the bond and commitment as a couple. Great stones for this purpose are Vesuvanite, Garnet, Ruby and or Red Tigers Eye in order to keep the passion in the relationship.