- Alternate names: Turritella, Elimia Agate
- Crystal System: Rhombohedral Microcrystalline
- Location: the USA for true Turritella Agate however sea fossils found in Agate can come from numerous places around the world.
- Mineral Class: Commonly Agates are Silicates
- Moh Hardness: 6.5-7
- Colour: A brown translucent backing stone with small shell fossils
- Rarity: Reasonable Common
- Forms: Tumbled, rough, carved and shaped and in jewlery
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Gemini, Cancer and Aquarius
- Numerological Number: 7 and 8
- Element: Earth and Water
- Affirmation: I am in the moment and move forward fill with peace.
Turritella Agate History Mythology Information: Turritella Agate was first named thinking that the shells fossilized within the stone were from the genus Turritella – a cone/spiral sea snail. However, later it was discovered that this was incorrect and that the genus of the fossil was in fact the Elimia freshwater snail, by the time this was discovered however the name Turritella had become popular and so the stone is still referred to as Turritella Agate in modern times. ‘Turritella Agate’ was first discovered and named in the Green River Area of Wyoming in the US and true Turritella comes only from that area, however different Agate containing Fossils that come out of numerous locations around the world have been sold under the name of ‘Turritella Agate’ due to their similar appearance.
Turritella Agate Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Turritella is a stone of balance that assists in bringing together the organic and inorganic elements of the fossil and the mineral: by combining these elements it allows you to find the balance between nature and our current technological environment. Turritella will help you to reconnect with nature and understand the damage currently being done by our generation’s environmental choices and assist with the healing that nature requires. Turritella Agate is a distant moment stopped in time and will allow you to see and connect with past personal issues so that you can heal and release them enabling you to move forward in a calm peaceful way. Turritella Agate is a grounding and protective stone that is particularly beneficial when traveling or on journeys both in a spiritual and physical sense. Affirmation: I am in the moment and move forward fill with peace.
Question: Do you remember any of your past lives?
Chakra – Primary Chakra is the Root or Base, however, Turritella Agate can be used on all Chakras starting with the Base/Root Chakra and allowing the energy to flow and spiral up.
Turritella Agate Physical Healing Information – Assists with any issue surrounding childbirth, from conception through to the assimilation of changes a parent and child go through at birth. Through its spiraling energy it assists with any blood or circulatory issues including swelling and stomach bloating.
Turritella Agate Applications suggested ways to use:
- It can be used in meditation to assist to clear any blockages. The energy will start at the Root Chakra and spiral up and clear the Chakras as it goes. Try combining with a Tibetan Black Quartz for a very balanced result.
- Worn or place in a pocket as a protective talisman particularly when embarking on a spiritual or physical journey. Try combining with Lodolite (Garden Quartz)
- Worn or placed near you when dealing with any issues of child conception through to childbirth. Try combining with Chrysocolla, Amber, Moonstone, Unakite, and Rose Quartz for this purpose.
- Used as a ‘worry’ stone or the term I prefer ‘soothing’ stone to play with when you are feeling anxious to release its balancing calming vibration.
- Used in grids to help rebalance areas of damage in nature. This is commonly done by an energy work/healer to grid a damaged area and leave the grid in place for long term healing of that area. It Works well with Moss Agate and Green Calcite.
- Used in healing over the affected area either through energy work or meditation.