- Alternative Stone Names: Turquoise
- Crystal System: Triclinic
- Location Found: China, Mexico, the US, Russia, and Tibet
- Hardness Mohs: 5-6
- Mineral Class: Phosphates
- Colour: Sky Blue and Blue to Green with grey patterning in some places.
- Rarity: Common
- Forms: Natural – rough and tumbled, Cabochons and in jewellery
- Birthstone: December
- Astrological Sign: Pisces, Sagittariun and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 1
- Element: Earth, Air and Fire
- Affirmation: I am protected, I am connected, and I speak confidently all that needs to be said.
Due to Turquoises beauty and rarity, it is a stone that has been commonly faked throughout history. Please be aware that if it is cheaply priced or not from a reputable dealer it could be fake. ‘Turquoise Howlite’ is one of the names gives to Turquoise colours dyed Howlite that is sometimes miss represented. This is a common practice. Howlite is so porous that is you leave it in a bowl with water and dye you can change it to any colour you like.
Depending on where Turquoise is found and the colour it is will significantly change the price of the stone. With the most prized colour being Sky Blue or Robin Egg Blue. However, please remember that no matter what the colour the underline crystal structure is the same and if you are attracted to it then it is the one for you 🙂
Turquoise History Mythology Information: Throughout history, Turquoise has been revered by most cultures and considered to be a good luck stone. It’s wonderful Sky blue or Robins egg colouring has made it a much prize after stone with many legends having been created surrounding it. Throughout history, Turquoise has been considered a stone of protection. This is particularly true when associated with horses or riding them and was considered to be a ‘horse amulet’. With this in mind, lots of stable gear had/has Turquoise interwoven Into it to protect both the horse and the wearer from hurt or falling.
The Aztec culture greatly valued turquoise, in fact, the Aztec valued Turquoise greater than gold in most cases and would bargain or bet their gold in order to receive Turquoise from the Conquistadors. The Aztecs believe that their God Quetzalcoatl revered the stone so much that he taught them the art of cutting it and polishing it so that they could better use it.
Native American tribes like the Apache highly-prized Turquoise and considered it a very protective stone. They would carve amulets, pendants, and beads in order to adorn their bodies and possessions with it. It was so highly prized within the tribe that if the shaman didn’t possess Turquoise then he didn’t receive the full respect and recognition for his place within the tribe. The Apache also believed that there was a strong connection between Turquoise and rainbows, and held the belief that the ‘pot of gold’ or treasure at the end of the rainbow was in fact filled with Turquoise.
The Navajo Indians would ground up Turquoise and Coral to make sacred sand that they put into their rain Mandela in order to summon rain during dry periods.
Turquoise Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Throughout history, Turquoise has been considered a very protective stone. It is also considered to be the bridge between Heaven and Earth in Native American cultures. While bridging that gap for you it allows your feet to remain firmly planted on the ground while at the same time being open to receive all information that your spirit guides and spirit animals are willing to give you. Turquoise is strongly revered particularly within the Native American cultures and is believed that while protecting you it allows you to become open to all possibilities, it does this by helping you release any blockages that you’re holding, and by removing any old patterning that is doing you a disservice it frees you and allows you to be open to moving forward in a more productive way. It allows you to let go of any self-sabotage that you’re doing this includes self-martyrdom – it’s release, connects you, and then allows you to grow and be all you can be.
Turquoise works wonderfully through the Throat Chakra, it opens it and allows you to bridge the gap between your heart and your throat enabling you to speak straight from your heart all that you truly believe. Turquoise is a very strong stone of communication and it opens and assists you to communicate clearly in all areas of your life, this includes both the physical and the spiritual realms. It allows you to be a confident speaker and proudly project what you believe. When worn or used as a protective Talisman it assists you to move forward and be all that you can be.
Turquoise has a beautiful energy and I love working with it. It really strengthens any type of communication that you need to do. I like using it, particularly when communicating with spirit guides or spirit animals. I found it to be a very shamanic stone so that if you are on any type of shamanic or spiritual journey it is the stone that will allow you to move forward in a confident protected way. Affirmation: I am protected, I am connected, and I speak confidently all that needs to be said.
Question: Are you ready for infinite choices?
Chakra – Throat Chakra
Healing – Reduces acidity, supports the assimilation of nutrients, alleviates viral infection, detoxes, and dispels exhaustion, panic attacks, and depression. Assists with Blood Oxygenation and any breathing issues this includes the absorption or nutrient/minerals and Vitamins. Helps with balancing the system in order to help with Headaches and Migraine relief.
Turquoise Application – Way to use
- Turquoise can be worn or carried as a protective Talisman, this is particularly useful if you are planning or on a shamanic journey to assist with guidance and protection. This combines well with Axinite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite, Spirit Quartz.and Garden Quartz (Lodolite) to assist with Shamanic Nature Journey.
- Interwoven into any saddlery in order to protect yourself and the horse from full or hurt.
- Worn or carried on your body in order to effectively speak. This is best worn or placed near your throat chakra.
- Placed into a Mojo Bag for either protection or communication.
- Placed over the body part that is in pain Including where the headache is or migraine in order to assist with pain relief.
- Get to use when working on releasing blockages so that you can move forward.
- Placed in the pillow slip or beside the bed in order to assist with night terrors or nightmares and to sleep better. Place with Selenite to bring through more peace and protection.
- Given as a sign of friendship and to create a bond between you and another person.
- Used in any type of grid work particularly when on shamanic journeys or bridging the gap between heaven and earth. Grids particularly well with Axinite and Garden Quartz (Lodolite) to assist with Shamanic Journey.
Turquoise Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.