- Alternative Names:
- Crystal System: Orthorhombic
- Location: Brazil, Mexico, Namibia, Australian, Pakistan, Russia and South Africa
- Hardness: 8
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Clear, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink and brown/golden
- Rarity: Common
- Forms: Natural, rough and Faceted in and for jewlery
- Birthstone: November
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius, Leo and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 3
- Elements: Air
- Affirmation: I carry luck and good fortune with me everywhere I go.
Topaz History Mythology Information: The name Topaz was named after the Greek Island of ‘ ‘Topazios’ which is where the stone was first believed to have been found. However, this was a mistake as Topaz is not found on the Island of Topazios and it is thought that the stone that that was found there was in fact a Period. Even though this misidentification had occurred the name Topaz and the association with the stone stuck. Throughout history, Topaz has been associated with protection, royalty and wealth. It has also been associated with eyesight and making the user invisible if held or worn on the left hand.
Down through the ages Topaz has a long history of being mistaken for other stones just like in the case above, another famouse case of mistaken identity was a large yellow crystal was found in Brazil in 1740 and was believed to be a Diamond, being a stone of such importance it was then placed in the Portuguese crown, only later was it realized that it was in fact a Topaz and is still in place in the crown today.
Topaz Colours: Even though Topaz comes in a large range of colours the main colour that is found is clear/yellow-tinged. These more common stones are quite often heat-treated in order to create the commonly seen Blue Topaz, with the deeper the blue the higher the amount of treatment used. Colours such as red, pink, green and orange are found naturally in nature however are very rare and hard to find.
Brown Topaz and Imperial Topaz: Brown Topaz is often sold as the much more expensive Imperial Topaz as they have a very similar colour. You can tell the difference between the two stone by leaving the Topaz out in the sun for a number of hours, Brown Topaz will go clear/lighter and Imperial Topaz will remain the same colour.
Topaz Metaphysical Healing Properties: Topaz is a good luck stone that when carried around will assist to draw good fortune into your life. It has long been considered a manifestation stone that will allow you to recognize your wants and then attract them into your life. It has a very claiming stabilizing energy that helps you to re-align your chakras and meridian points in order to promote and stimulate health and healing. Topaz is a stone that allows you to look deeply within yourself and come to the self-realization of what things are holding you back in life, then allows you to release them and move forward with the understanding that you are worthy of love and good future in all areas of your life.
Topaz is a stone of focus and concertration that allows you to see things more clearly in order to understand and retain the needed information. Affirmation: I carry luck and good fortune with me everywhere I go.
Question: How do you manifest things into your life?
Imperial Topaz is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Confident Manifestation’
Topaz Physical Healing – Improves eyesight and concentration, sharpens all senses including smell and taste, overall health improver and stabilizer, detoxifies and aids to promote a healthy digestive system, increases metabolism and stabilizers glandular issues, ovarian disorders and cysts, pancreas issues, gout.
Topaz Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages and releasing negative influences. Try combining with Amethyst, Unakite, Ametrine and or Clear Quartz.
- Use in a crystal grid for manifestation and good fortune. For good fortune/abundance work combine with Pyrite, Jade and or Green Aventurine.
- When used for healing it should be placed on the relevant area or over the Solar Plexus or Sacral Chakra
- Carry around or wear in order to draw good luck or good fortune into your life.
- Wear or carry on/in the left hand in order to remain ‘invisible’ so that unwanted people will avoid seeing you.
- Placed in a study or office to assist the person to concentrate on the task at hand in a peaceful calm way. Create a study or concentration Mojo Bag. Works well combined with Clear Quartz, Tigers Eye, Muscovite, and Fluorite.