- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Found Worldwide
- Hardness: 7
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Orange to brown with black, white, green and cream combinations
- Rarity: Rare
- Forms: Rare – Natural formations clusters and rods
- Birthstone: Traditional August
- Zodiac: Leo and Aries
- Number: 3
- Elements: Fire, Earth and Air
- Affirmation: I have strength and courage in all areas of my life.
Sardonyx History Mythology Information: Sardonyx is a member of the Chalcedony family and has a long history with many different uses in different cultures throughout time. The name Sardonyx comes from how the stone is made up in layers of the two different stones: Sard and Onyx. In ancient times it was believed that if you put Sardonyx in each corner of your house it would bring protection against evil. Sardonyx in ancient Rome would often be carved into the image of Mars the God of War or Hercules to boost energy and promote courage within the wearer. Ancient religious texts refer to Sardonyx and it being used as the first foundation stone when building the walls of New Jerusalem, this is in the Book of Revelations.
Sardonyx Metaphysical Healing Properties: Sardonyx is known to be a stone of courage, strength, protection and grounding. Due to the combination of the two stones coming together to form one unique new crystal. You have the grounding and protection of Oynx and the strength and courage of Sard balancing out the two stones and forming one unique beneficial crystal. This assists in making Sardonyx a very balancing stone which follows through to all areas of your life.
Traditionally it was given as a wedding gift to cement the relationship and help the two different halves within the relationship work together as one. The balancing qualities of this stone are very beneficial in resolving conflicts within any personal situation. Sardonyx helps you to tap into and get you energy following so that you have the courage and strength to take on new challenges. Affirmation: I have strength and courage in all areas of my life.
Question: What crystals help you to take on new challenges?
Chakra – Root or Base Chakra
Sardonyx Physical Healing – Helps boost or strengthen the immune system, assists with issues relating to the lungs and bones. Brings balance to systems that are out of balance like metabolize and hormonal issues.
Sardonyx Applications Suggested ways to use:
- Given as a wedding gift to help cement the new relationship.
- Used within relationships that are having difficulty finding the balance or seeing the other persons point of view. Have every member in the discussion hold a piece while discussing the issues at hand.
- Carried around or worn when needing the courage to start a new venture or take on a challenge you have been putting off.
- A piece placed in each corner of the house or building to bring through protection within.
- Used in grid work for grounding and protection. Combines well with Black Tourmaline, Obsidian and Selenite for this purpose.
- Carried as a talisman for protection.