- Alternative Names: Aventurine Quartz, Strawberry Aventurine
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary, secondary and tertiary
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Location Found: India, Brazil, China, Russia, Canada, Tibet and South Africa
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Colour: Red iridescent
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: February Modern (all Aventurine stones)
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Numerological Number: 3
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am in perfect balance and harmony.
Red Aventurine History Mythology Information: Red Adventurine has a sparkly appearance which it gets from the Mica inclusions and its red colour comes from the Hematite and/or Goethite inclusions.
Sometime in the 18th century, Venetian glassblower/workers accidentally dropped some copper filings into a batch of molten glass they were surprised to discover that this produced shiny sparkles within the glass once it had hardened. It is the similarity in look to this event that first gave Aventurine its name. A similarity was seen between the glass and the stone, the name Aventurine then came into use which is from the Italian word ‘aventura’ which roughly translated means ‘by chance’.
Red Aventurine Metaphysical Healing Information: Red Aventuring is a fantastic balancing stone particularly when dealing with masculine/feminine energies. This makes it a wonderful addition to any home or work situation where there are members of the opposite sex to assist to bring peace. It is a very grounding stone that allows you to discharge or release any excess energies you are holding and allow them to dissipate and return to the earth. Like all Aventurine crystals, it is a very useful stone to assist with dealing with EMF Radiation and its effects. Affirmation: I am in perfect balance and harmony.
Question: When do you feel the most in balance?
Chakra – Root and Sacral Chakras
Red Aventurine Physical Healing – Benefits thymus gland, nervous system, balances blood pressure and lower cholesterol. Cancer relieves migraines, soothes eyes and skin eruptions and skin issues. Any areas of imbalance within the body – hormonal, fertility and reproduction issues.
Red Aventurine Applications suggested uses:
- This stone to assist with fertility issues or pregnancy. Try combining with Moonstone, Chrysocolla, Unakite, and Rose Quartz.
- Make an Energy Mojo Bag in order to bring balance and energy into your life. Combines well with Amber, Moonstone/Sunstone (together) and Carnelian for this purpose.
- Place by the computer or electronic devices in order to absorb environmental pollution. A fantastic addition to an EMF Mojo Bag.
- Place around the house to generally improve the energy.
- Worn as jewellery is a great good luck and protection talisman.
- Red Aventurine is safe to use in an elixir, please always make sure you clean your crystals/stones and make sure they are safe to use. If unsure always make a spray essence.