- Alternative Names: Desert Jasper
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Madagascar – 3 deposits only
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Reds, Browns, Yellows and Greens
- Forms: natural, tumbled Jewellery and carved
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Pisces, Leo and Aquarius
- Element: Fire and Earth
- Numerological Number: 8 and 12
- Affirmation: I am connected to all things and inspired to move forward with passion.
History/Mythology of Polychrome Jasper: Polychrome Jasper is a relatively new stone as it was first discovered in Madagascar in 2008. Miners on Madagascar were looking for deposits of Ocean Jasper when they came across Polychrome instead. When discovered it was first named Desert Jasper due to its earthy colours, however now it is more commonly known by – Polychrome Jasper. Polychrome Jasper is a very rare and hard to extract stone with only 3 deposits being found in difficult and hard to mine areas where it can only be mined by hand.
Polychrome Jasper Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Polychrome Jasper is a stone of balance that allows you to focus and channel your energies so that you can function in your truest form. It is a fantastic stone for anyone that works with energy as it allows the transfer to be clean and focused. Like all of the different colours that blend so well with Polychrome Jasper it allows you to mould yourself so that you get the most out of any given situation. It is a very calming stone that allows you to release the day to day stress of modern life and become more in tune with the world around you. By being calm, focused and in the moment you will be able to take the time to discover your true self and what you would like to achieve out of life.
Polychrome Jasper is a very grounding stone that allows you to have your feet firmly planted to the world around you and help you to understand where you have come from and where you are going. It is an inspiring stone that allows you to you’re your passion in life and assist with getting the creative juices flowing. Affirmation: I am connected to all things and inspired to move forward with passion.
Question: What puts ‘fire’ in your belly?
Chakra – All Chakras
Polychrome Jasper Physical Healing – Digestion and tissue regeneration, Crohn’s Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, detoxification and removing toxins, strengthen immunity system, allergies and increase physical stamina.
Polychrome Jasper Applications suggested uses:
- Meditate with Polychrome Jasper by looking/gazing into its myriad of colours to assist with finding answers.
- Hold or use when needed to assist with balancing any of your chakras
- Place on the relevant chakra to assist with a healing/energy session.
- Polychrome Jasper can be carried or placed in a work area to get the creative juices flowing. Stones that combine well for creativity are Red Tigers Eye, Carnelian, Citrine, Garnet and Rhyolite for this purpose.
- Can be used in all meditations when focusing on healing or energy work. Which makes it a wonderful healing tool and should be in any energy workers kit.
- It can be used in all energy work as a protection and grounding stone. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.
- Carry a piece as a handwarmer in challenging situations so that you can better understand and shape yourself to achieve your desired result.