Iodolite (Garden Quartz)
- Alternate Name: Iodolite, Iodalite, Lodelite, Inclusion Quartz, Garden Quartz, Landscape Quartz, Inclusion Quartz, and Sharmans Stone
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Brazil
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Moh Hardness: 7-7.5
- Colour: Clear Quartz that has inclusions that can look like a Garden, Clouds, or underwater vistas. These inclusions can vary in colour and have been known to have green, brown, red, cream, and orange in them.
- Rarity: Uncommon –
- Formation: Rough, clusters, points, polished, tumbled, cut and in jewellery.
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: All Signs particularly Aquarius and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 3
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: With each step I take I move towards my true life purpose.
Lodolite History Mythology Information: Most Lodolite found comes out of one area in Brazil. Lodo or Loda is roughly translated from Brazilian to mean mud and refers to the ‘mud’ look of the inclusions inside the stone, this also the same in the Greek Language where it means ‘muddy stone’. I have seen various imitation stones coming out of Asia lately that are varying degrees of quality so please buy from a trusted dealer.
Garden Quartz Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Garden Quartz is a stone of journey and will allow you to heal and release past issues/traumas that are holding you back so that you can progress forward on your own path unimpeded by those blockages. It is particularly good at clearing past life or early childhood traumas that are causing you to hold fear and stress in current-day situations. It allows you to see inside yourself and realize your worth and that you are a wonderfully unique being and as unique as each ‘landscape/garden’ within a Lodolite Crystal.
Lodolite is a great stone to use if you are planning any type of Shamanic journey whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual. It has a very soothing vibration that enhances your connection with higher beings particularly your spirit guides and animal guides. Please be aware due to the uniqueness of these stone the properties held within can vary slightly depending on what the inclusions are, so pick and use the stone that calls out to you as it will be the one meant to be with you. Lodolite also holds all of the properties of Phantom or Ghost Quartz and can assist you in accessing the Akashic Records. Affirmation: With each step I take I move towards my true life purpose.
Question: Where does my mind wander to in meditation?
Chakra – Crown Chakra
Lodolite Physical Healing – Assists with detoxifying the body and helping to strengthen the Immune system and helps with any immune system illnesses including AIDS/HIV. Pineal Gland and Thyroid Balance.
Lodolite Applications suggested ways to use:
- Meditated gazing into the stone ‘Garden/Landscape to connect with higher beings and guides. Combines well with Celescite, Scolecite and Charoite for this purpose
- Can be used in all meditations and energy work particularly when wanting to open one’s physic abilities and deepen your intuition. Stones that combine well for this purpose are Astrophyllite, Nuummite, Mystic Merlinite and Lodolite.
- Use in grid work to help connect with higher beings. Like with all individual stones hold it in your hand and see what other stones are calling you to work with them and trust what comes to you. Understand that over time this will change and progress as you grow and your needs change.
- Lodolite assists with releasing past life or childhood trauma or fears in order to move forward in a peaceful way. Great stones for past life work are Lepidolite, Larvikite, Emerald, Unakite and Charoite.
- Meditate with it to start your Shamanic Journey. Crystals to go in a Shamanic Mojo Bag would be Nuumite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite, Spirit Quartz, Turquoise and Axinite.
- Carried or worn particularly when travelling a Shamanic path or just having it with you or holding it as an ‘old friend’ reminding you you are on the right path.
- Healings can be done with Lodoite placed over the affected area.
- Lodolite is a great stone to use when trying to connect with Animal Guides Totem. Stones that are great for this purpose are Dalmatian Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Pietersite and Black Tourmaline.