- Alternative Names: Leopard Skin Jasper, Leopard Jasper, Jaguar Stone
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Location Found: Brazil
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Colour: Browns and tans ranging from reddy to yellow with rounded markings
- Forms: natural, tumbled, rough-cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Gemini and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 8
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am connected to all things around me with a greater understanding.
Leopardskin Jasper History Mythology Information: The Term ‘jasper’ comes from the Greek work jaspi which means “spotted stone”. Jasper is one of the oldest forms of gemstone known to be used by man. Leopardskin Jasper only comes from Brazil and receives its name due to its spotty appearance.
Leopardskin Jasper Metaphysical Healing Properties: Leopardskin Jasper is a connector stone that allows you to tune into the animal kingdom at a greater level, in both the spiritual and physical plans. This stone will assist you if you are trying to connect to your animal guide/guides/totems and once connected will allow you to work more harmoniously with them for the great good. It is a very strong Shamanistic stone that allows you to have more powerful visions, quests and out of body experiences. Leopardskin Jasper allows you to feel more grounded and protected as you progress through life’s challenges.
Leopardskin Jasper allows you to draw on your own personal strength and vitality to progress forward to fulfil all of the needs in your life. It is a balancing stone that allows you to find harmony in where you currently are and recognize your needs (not wants) and move towards them with strength and conviction. Affirmation: I have the strength to be all I can be and achieve all of my needs.
Question: Do you feel connected to animals?
Chakra – Primary Root or Base Chakra, Secondary Heart
Leopardskin Jasper Physical Healing – Assists with balancing any physical areas that are out of balance, increases stamina and physical vitality and strength.
Leopardskin Jasper Applications:
- Leopardskin Jasper is a great stone to use or carry around to assist you to feel more grounded and protected.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when connecting to Animal Guides and Totems. Stones that are great for this purpose are Dalmatian Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Pietersite and Black Tourmaline.
- Placing a piece in a grid is a wonderful way to work to bring through the balance and protection. Great stones for protection and grounding are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.
- Great to use when dealing with hurt or sick animals. Stones that are great for this purpose are Dalmatian Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Pietersite and Black Tourmaline.
- A great stone to carry around and take out and ‘play’ with when you need to draw on your own strength and vitality.
- Place into a Mojo Bag or Shaman Bag to assist with a Vision Quest or Shamanic Quest. Combines well with these stones for this purpose. Moqui Balls, Nuummite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite and Spirit Quartz.