- Alternative Names: Larvakite, Blue Granite, Birds Eye Granite, Norwegian Pearl Granite, royal Blue Pearl Granite and incorrectly referred to as Black Moonstone or Labradorite
- Crystal System: Amorphous, Glassy
- Mineral Class: Sedimentary, Igneous
- Location Found: Norway and Canada
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Hardness Mohs: 6-6.5
- Colour: Black dark grey-blue with blue flashes
- Forms: natural, tumbled, rough-cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Leo and Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 8
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: I am connected to all things around me with a greater understanding.
Larvikite History Mythology Information: Larvikite was originally discovered in 1811 near the town of Lavik in Norway which is how it received its name. Larvikite is in the feldspar family and has mistakenly been referred to as Black Moonstone and Labradorite. In 2008 Larvikie was named Norway’s national rock. Larvikite has commonly been used in larger slabs to decorate the outside of buildings most notably to decorate banks in the High Streets of England.
Larvikite Metaphysical Healing Properties: Larvikite is a very protective and grounding stone that has a very strong connection to the earth and assisting you to reconnect to the natural energies that surround you. Larvikite assists to repel any negative energies that are sent to you or you come in contact with including cancelling or neutralizing unwanted spells. It has some amazing detoxification qualities which allow you to cleanse away all of the negative influences that are holding you back physical, spiritual and mental so that you can move forward in a cleaner clearer way.
Larvikite also works through the Third Eye Chakra to stimulate your psychic abilities and allows you to be more in tune with your higher self. It is an amazing stone to use when working on releasing any past life issues as it assists with the clarity of inner visions and recalling past life details. Larvikite is a very old energy stone and helps to teach the wisdom of time and allowing you to move toward with patience and complete any goal you are working on. When gazing into Lavikite you begin to understand the nature of diversity and being able to look at the world around you in a different more objective light. It helps to stimulate your creativity and strengthen your intelligence, allowing you to look at a situation more objectively to find a rational solution to any situation. Affirmation: I am connected to all things around me with a greater understanding.
Question: How grounded do you feel?
Chakra – Primary Root or Base Chakra, Secondary Third Eye Chakra
Larvikite Physical Healing – Assists with learning disabilities, skin disorders and rashes, recovery from a stroke including assisting with brain function. Detox and cleansing the body, metabolism, anxiety and stress, cool issues including blood pressure, fever and menopause.
Larvikite Application suggested uses:
- Larvikite is a great stone to use or carry around to assist you to feel more grounded and protected.
- Is a great stone to use when you feel that you are being targeted by unwanted energies or a ‘spell’ directed at you by someone. Try making a ‘Hex’ protection Mojo Bag with the following crystals in any or all combination and carry it around with you. Larvikite, Black Tourmaline, Hag Stone, Aegirine, Clear Quartz and Tektite or ramp it up with Moldavite.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working with inner visions and retrieving past life information. Great stones for past life work are Lepidolite, Larvikite, Emerald, Unakite and Charoite.
- Placing a piece in a grid is a wonderful way to work to bring through the balance and protection.
- Carry it around with you when you want to reconnect to the Earth and nature energies. Great stones to work and connect with nature are Moss Agate, Green Phantom Quartz, Picture Jasper, Green Aventurine, Tree Agate, and Dendritic Agate for this purpose.
- A great stone to carry around and take out and ‘play’ with when working or resolving any complicated situation.
- Create a Mojo Bag for anyone with learning disabilities to stimulate brain functions. Combines well with Lepidolite, Hiddenite and Kunzite.
- A great stone to help stimulate your psychic ability and higher self connection. Combines well with Seraphinite, Celestite and Apophyllite for this purpose.