- Alternative Names: K2 Jasper, K2 Stone, Raindrop Azurite, K2 Granite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic Trigonal
- Location: Mount Godwin, Austen Pakistan
- Hardness: 6
- Mineral Class: Oxides
- Colour: Usually blue spots or markings or a grey/white background
- Rarity: Rare
- Forms: Tumbled, rough, carvings and shapes, jewellery
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Signs: Gemini and Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 5 and 6
- Elements: Ice and Storm
- Affirmation: Everything that happens allows me to grow and learn.
K2 History Mythology: ‘K2’ received its name due to the only location in the world that the stone is found: Mount Godwin or K2 the second highest mountain in the world located in the Himalayan Mount range and is accessible via Pakistan. The stone is reasonably difficult to obtain due to the location of the mine and the difficulty in finding it while dealing with the high altitude and snowy conditions. K2 is believed to be a combination of Azurite embedded in a granite quartz matrix, this matrix can also include Muscovite, Biotite and Plagioclase.
K2 has had a lot of speculation about the formation process that it went through to be created. The most common belief of its creation is the Granite formed first and hardened and then during the second melt the Azurite droplets then formed creating a new combined stone. This stone can also include areas of Malachite which as usually very small inclusions.
K2 Metaphysical Healing Properties: K2 is a spiritually awakening stone that allows you to increase your intuition and to ‘tune in’ and accept spiritual guidance when it is given to you. While it gentle awakens you to be more aware from a spiritual point of view it allows you to still be connected to the earth and be grounded while moving forward on a higher path. K2 is a fantastic stone to use if you are interested in downloading or accessing information from ancient civilization as well as the Akashic Records records.
K2 is also known as the ‘Stone of Indigo’ and is said to be very beneficial to those working with Indigo Children and helping them to develop and heighten their telepathic senses while assisting to calm them to the overwhelming information they are receiving.
K2 has a very calming energy that can help assist in helping pinpoint any issues you are having like negative, nagging worries that are troubling you. It helps you to narrow in on the real issue of what is going on in a calm way and assists in relieving all of the stress/concern that you are holding around the situation allowing you to see a resolution to the issue. K2 is a wonderful stone to work with to assist with verbal communication as it allows you to speak more clearly and with confidence bringing balance and harmonious communication to stressed situations. Affirmation: My life is filled with peace and serenity, I am open to all that the universe presents me.
Question: What area of your life are holding you back?
Chakra – Primary Third Eye Chakra, Secondary Crown and Root/Base Chakra
K2 Physical Healing Properties – Helps with any type of communication issues including stutter and lisps, Headaches and Migraines, balance hormonal issues
K2 Applications ways to use:
- Wonderful to use when connecting to higher vibrational beings to download or access information including Akashic Records. combines well with Golden Healer Quartz, Lepidolite, Phantom Quartz, Petrified Wood, Tanzanite and Moldavite for this purpose.
- Is a fantastic stone to wear or have on you when working on increasing and heightening higher self particularly with ‘Indigo Children”. Indigo Children would benefit from a Mojo Bag with the following stones for rounding out their skills: Amethyst, Labradorite, Azurite, Charoite and K2.
- A great communication stone to bring balance and clear communication to a tense situation. Try combining with Carnelian for increased energy and Amazonite to allow you to speak from the heart and Hemimorphite for purpose and self-confidence.
- A very calming stone in times of stress that allows you to identify and release any built-up stress that you are holding. Try combining with Selenite, Howlite, and or Rose Quartz for a deeper calm.