- Alternative Names: Orthopyroxene, Enstatite, Ferrosilite, and Eulite
- Crystal System: Orthorhombic
- Location: Labrador and Quebec in Canada and the Adirondack Mountains in the US
- Mineral Class: Iron Silicate with Magnesium
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5-6
- Rarity: Rare
- Colour: Black/grey with a golden, silvery, or green sheen when looked at from the right angle.
- Forms: Tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Numerological Number: 8
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am at peace and centered and function at a higher level.
Hypersthene History/Mythology: Hypersthene is in the same family as the more common stone ‘Bronzite‘. Hypersthene gets its name from the Greek word “hypersthene” which translates to ‘over-strength’, This is alluding to it being harder than the mineral Hornblende which is often confused over. Hypersthene is a combination of two distinct minerals: Enstatite which contains more Magnesium and Ferrosilite which contains more Iron. So Hypersthene sits in the middle with approximately 50% iron.
Hypersthene Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Hypersthene is an amazingly protective and calming stone that helps to quiet the mind and allows you to find calm and peace in the moment. It is a fantastic shielding stone that helps to block out any external distractions so that you can focus and function at a higher level. This allows you to quickly and easily find the solution to problems that you are having difficulty with. It is particularly useful during mediation work in order to find the direction you are meant to be going it or the answers that you seek to move forward effectively. It is a great stone to assist with manifestation, particularly in the area and achieving all of your life goals. It works wonderfully through the Crown Chakra and Third Eye and helps to stimulate your psychic gifts particularly in the Clairaudience (sound) and (clairvoyance (vision) areas.
Working with Hypersthene is a real joy it allows you to move forward protected with peace and calm in your heart and see the way clearly with an open mind, heart and spirit. Affirmation: I am at peace and centered and function at a higher level.
Chakra – Primary Crown and Third Eye and Secondary Base Charka. However, this stone will resonate with any of your body’s energy points.
Hypersthene Physical Healing – Any issues circulatory or blood issue, insomnia and sleep issues, assists with recovery from accidents or surgery.
Hypersthene Applications suggested uses:
- Hypersthene is a wonderful stone to carry in your pocket and take out and play with when you are feeling stressed or in need of direction or protection.
- It can be used in all meditations and is particularly good when working on the Third Eye or Crown Chakras. Workes well with Herkimer Diamond and Lapis Lazuli.
- Use in any type of grid work in order to manifest your purpose. It works well with Yellow Apatite and Pyrite for this purpose.
- Meditate with it placed over any of your heart or hold in your left hand in order to receive any information on how to best move forward. Great stone for life purpose and forward progression are Vesuvanite, Blue Tigers Eye, Labradorite and Hypersthene.
- Used in meditation in order to enhance your Crown Chakra or Third Eye.
- Used in energy work in order to release blockages that are holding you back from finding the answers you need to move forward.