Alternative names: Adder Stones, Snake Eggs, Hex Stones, Holy Stones, Eye Stones, Fairy Stones and Eyes.
A Hag stone is any type of stone that has a naturally (in nature) formed hole through it – this hole must go clear through and be fully connected and must be made as a natural result without influences by man (manmade holes do not count as Hag Stones). This can be done in several ways and depending on the way the hole is formed will add different properties to the stone vibrational properties. They have been used and recorded throughout history and are considered very powerful stones.
Natural Way of Forming Hag Stones:
- Water Erosion – this is formed as water moves over the stone and erodes away a clear hole through it. These are often found new the ocean, waterway, or dried up creek beds. This way adds the water element into your stone’s healing properties.
- Wind Erosion – this type is formed when the wind moves small particles of sand/dirt through the air and results in the erosion of holes. This is often found in very aroid or dry desert areas. This way adds the air element into your stone’s healing properties.
- Heat and pressure – holes that are found in meteorites where heat either from entering the atmosphere or through the impact friction a natural hole is formed through the stone. This way adds the fire element into your stone’s healing properties.
Hag Stone or Hex Stone – It was commonly believed that if you got an illness that a witch or spectral hag put a curse or hex on you and so these stones were believed to cure and ward against that hex.
Adder Stone, Snake Eggs – In Germany, it was commonly believed that the holes in the Stones were formed due to snakes or serpents gathering together and using the venom to create the holes. It was believed that using or carrying a stone would protect you from snakebite and assist with healing you if bitten.
Holy Stone, Hex Stone, Eye Stone, Eyes – It was a common belief that by using these stone you could ward off any magic that was done to you in a negative way.
Healing Properties of Hag Stones. Please remember to add these properties on top of the healing properties of the stone it is found on.
Right the way through history these wonderful stones have been revered and used for protection and that is still the main use for them today. They make a wonderful protective talisman to wear around yourself or an object that you feel requires protection. This protection is in all aspects: spiritual, emotional, and physical. Once you have one you can place a necklace or string through it and hang it around yourself or the object you wish to protect. Hags stones are very strong travel talismans when used in this way and can also be hung on cars, bikes, planes, and boats to assist with safe travels. Hag stones have an ability to open you up to all dimensions and connect with higher beings particularly nature ones. It is an amazing stone to help reconnect you to nature and all the wonders, it will allow you to look at it from a different perspective with new respect. When out in nature with your hag stone you can look through the hole to assist with seeing a different perspective on nature and everything around you.
Hag Stones can also be used as fantastic fertility stones and have been used in a number of ways through history for this purpose.:
- Carry a Hag Stone around with you and tie it to the bedpost of the couple trying to get pregnant and leave it there as long as need.
- There have also been Hag Stones recorded large enough for a couple to walk through holding hands in a fertility rite of passage, this is to assist the couple to leave all that is holding them back behind as they pass through the gateway to a new error in their lives.
- Find and place a stick into the hole of the Hag stone and leave it in nature as an offering or throw it into the sea so that the Nature Goddess my know and grants your wish.
A Hag Stone is a rare formation and if you have one please treasure and use it. I get them occasional to be put up for sale and will list them below when they turn up, however when you are out in nature please remember to keep your eyes open particularly on the beach or by a waterway and you never know what you might find!
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.