- Alternative Names: Chert
- Crystal System: a sedimentary, cryptocrystalline form of the mineral quartz
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Common
- Location: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, The Uk, Hungary, Netherlands, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland and The US
- Mineral Class: Quartz Family
- Colour: Glassy or waxy appearance and comes in black, grey, green, white and brown
- Forms: natural/rough, tumbled, cut/carved
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Element: Earth
- Numerological Number: 7
- Affirmation: I am grounded and protected, I am in perfect balance.
History/Mythology of Flint: Flint has been used throughout history with some of the earliest artifacts being found dating from the Stone Age. Cutting implements including knives, spears and arrowheads were all ‘knapped’ out of Flint during this time. ‘Knapping’ in the form of repeatedly chipping a piece of stone until a sharp edge is formed. Flint was also used as the main component in a ‘flintlock’ this is a device where a piece of flint is struck against a steel plate and through the impact of the two, a spark is released that ignites the gunpowder or is used to start a fire. Flint was also used (mainly in the UK) to build a range of buildings from including churches, houses, castles and protective walls. Flint is a variety of Chalcedony.
Flint Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Flint is an old and very pure stone that is exceptionally protective and grounding and contains earth energies at their purest level. It is a very grounding stone that allows you to connect to the earth and draw on its very strong energy. This energy is potent and allows you to tap into your deepest self and draw on your ancient wisdom within. It is a stone that allows you to reconnect with past lives and draw the information needed from your previous experiences to progress to new levels in this life. Flint is a layered stone and that is what it allows you to do, delve into the deeper/older layers of your past to become a stronger truer you.
Flint is an amazing alignment stone as it helps to bring together both your physical, emotional and energetic bodies to bring you into balance. It is a fantastic stone to use when you want to ‘cut away’ any unwanted etheric connection you are holding and release them so that you are free to move forward unencumbered by negative attachments. Affirmation: I am grounded and protected, I am in perfect balance.
Question: Do you feel connected to the earth?
Chakra – Primary Root Chakra however will work through all Chakras
Flint Physical Healing – Detoxification, ulcers and chronic ulcers, assist with the healing of broken bones and damaged joints.
Flint Applications suggested uses:
- It can be used in all meditations to assist with connecting to past lives and experiences. Works well with Scolecite, Charoite, Aquamarine, and Lemurians for this purpose.
- Have a piece near you when you are sleeping to draw on deeper knowledge within.
- Include it is any Mojo or Crystal Bag to bring through protection and grounding and a balance and connection through all of the stones.
- Carry around with you regularly to bond and strengthen the link.
- Meditate with to ‘cut’ away any unwanted etheric connection you are holding and release them.
- A fantastic stone for energy workers to use to facilitate etheric surgery, particularly when using a knapped blade out of Flint.
- Place into a grid or Mojo Bag to connect to earth energies and carry with you while in nature or when needed Combines well with Mystic Merlinite, Darwin Glass, Green Aventurine, Moss Agate and Shungite in order better connect and understand the world around you.
- Carry a piece around with you to feel more grounded and protected. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.