- Alternative Names: Flame Agate
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Rarity: Uncommon to Rare
- Location Found: Northern Mexico and Parts of South/West United States
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Hardness: 6.5-7
- Colour: Brown, Red, Cooper (browny/Red) and can have green/gold/yellow flames
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: April
- Element: Fire
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Numerological Number: 9
- Affirmation: My feet are firmly planted on the ground and I feel safe and secure.
Fire Agate Mythology History Information – Due to its very limited location of where it is found, Fire Agate does not have a long history and has only become commercially available over the last 60 years or so. Fire Agate is a rare variety of chalcedony that due to volcanic heat and water saturation over time form layers. These layers are formed with deposits of Limonite and or Iron which creates a unique optical phenomenon by diffracting the light which creates the flashes of fiery indecent effect.
Fire Agate Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: due to its name and distinctive appearance Fire Agate is linked to the element of Fire and assists with treating/dealing with any issues that are ‘hot’ issues. These are not just limited to the physical you will also find that Fire Agate helps to ‘cool’ any hot emotions that you are going through like fury, terror, despair or shock. It allows you to release these emotions so that you feel safe and protected. It is a wonderful protection talisman as it helps to deflect the harmful energies that are sent your way and reflect them back to where they came from. With this in mind, it works wonderfully if a child is feeling shy or scared from being bullied or harassed, as it cools this fearful state and allows them to have the strength to stand up and speak out for themselves.
Fire Agate is a stone of Ambition and helps you to reach your higher goals as it re-motivates you by clearing any blocked energy points that you are holding and increases creative energy that allows you to feel more inspired. This will assist you to feel more energetic so you can jump in and get all of those incomplete project finished with a new vest for life and where it will take you. It will assist by pushing you out of your comfort zone as it will help you to see you can be so much more than your present state. Affirmation: My feet are firmly planted on the ground and I feel safe and secure.
Question: Where do I feel the most secure?
Chakra – Root Chakra and Solar Plexus Chakra
Healing – Fire Agate is fantastic when dealing with any ‘hot’ disease or conditions such as Fever, Menopause, symptoms and hot flushes, it also assists with circulatory problems and increase eyesight particularly at night.
- Worn or carried around as a protection talisman
- Kept in your pocket or nearby to use as a cooling aide when you are feeling any ‘hot’ emotions. or physical symptoms
- Fire Agate is great to add to a ‘cooling’ Mojo Bag. To see my Top 5 Crystal for Cooling the Body and how to make your own Crystal Essence click here.
- Fire Agate can be carried or placed in a work area in order to get the creative juices flowing. Stones that combine well for creativity are Red Tigers Eye, Carnelian, Citrine, Garnet and Rhyolite for this purpose.
- Meditated on when you are looking to move forward and become who you are meant to be.
- Placed on the body or appropriate Chakra during a healing session