- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Hardness Mohs: 5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: the Czech Republic, Congo, Mexico, Namibia, and Russia
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Colour: Green, green/blue
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius, Virgo, and Scorpio
- Element: Water
- Numerological Number: 8
- Affirmation: I release all that is holding me back and move forward with a light heart.
Dioptase History Mythology Information: Dioptase is a blue/green copper-based mineral that can be transparent to translucent and when a high enough grade it can be faceted. Dioptase has been mistaken for Emeralds throughout history due to the bright vivid green colour, however, it is a lot softer mineral than Emerald (Mohs 8) at Mohs of 5 and so if more fragile and easy to tell the difference. The earliest dated artifact found containing Dioptase was a statue with Dioptase eyes dating back to about 7200bc. Dioptase received its name from the combination of the Greek works dia meaning ‘through’ and Optos meaning ‘visible’ in 1797.
Dioptase Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Dioptase is a very calming stone and helps you to release stress and become more relaxed and centred. This makes it particularly useful when meditating as it allows you to go into a deeper state of meditation. Dioptase works primarily through the Heart Chakra, however, it is a fantastic stone to clear any negative energy you are holding through all of your Chakras and assist with cleansing, clearing, and activating them. Working through the Heart Chakra Dioptase helps you to release any feelings of grief, betrayal or abandonment that you are holding and assists with lifting depression so that you can find more and more moments of joy in your life. It is a fantastic stone to use when working on past life issues and understanding the patterns that you are holding so that you can learn the lessons needed to release and move on. It allows you to be more attuned to your spiritual side and understand that you are worthy, and release any lack that might be holding you back and assists to bring prosperity on all levels into your life. Affirmation: I release all that is holding me back and move forward with a light heart.
Question: Can you go into a meditative state with ease?
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Dioptase Physical Healing – Aids/HIV, Pain Relief and Chronic Pain Relief, Headaches and Migraines, detoxifying, Liver issues and removing toxins from the body, Healing Wounds and Abrasions, Cancer, Tumors and Growths, Muscular/Skeletal issues Blood Pressure, Heart issues and Heartburn.
Dioptase Applications suggested uses:
- NOT recommended to use in essences or elixirs due to Dioptase containing copper.
- Carry and use during times of stress in assisting to bring calm and peace. Combines well with Selenite and Lepidolite for this purpose.
- During a migraine or headache lay a piece of Dioptase gently against the Medulla Oblongata, this is the section at the base of your skull where your spine and skull meet. Make a headache Mojo Bag and keep it handy for this purpose. Combine with Blue Lace Agate, Elite Shungite and Amethyst for this purpose.
- Worn next to the skin or over the affected area to help alleviate pain. Stones that combine well for this purpose are Elite Shungite, Shungite, Hematite, Lepidolite and Obsidian. DO NOT place over or on broken skin or open wounds.
- A great stone to help you remember the joy and make you feel joyful. Combine well with Peridot, Sunstone, Carnelian and Citrine for this purpose.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working with inner visions and retrieving past life information. Great stones for past life work are Lepidolite, Larvikite, Emerald, Unakite and Charoite.
- For money/abundance work combine with Pyrite, Jade and or Green Aventurine.
- Place over your Heart Chakra during healing in order to work on any issues that you are holding.