- Alternative Name: Nil
- Crystal System: Tetragonal
- Location: Australia and Pakistan
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 7.5
- Colour: Red, brown, yellow, green, blue and clear
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Forms: Rough, natural formation and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: December
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Leao, Sagittarius, and Virgo
- Numberlocigcal Number: 4
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: My life is rich and full and I release all that is holding me back to transition to better times.
Zircon History Mythology Information: Zircon is not a widely used gemstone due to the fact that is got a bad name at the beginning of the 1900 due to it being sold as a diamond. This is a real shame as Zircons have a wonderful energy and a real beauty to them, in fact, they have a higher refraction rate than a Diamond (they are more sparkly). Unfortunately, Zircons have also been confused with the manmade stone Zirconia as well which didn’t help their reputation as an amazing stone.
It is quite common practice to heat treat Zircons in order to give them a richer colour with fewer inclusions. Heat treating a stone is done to clean it up and make it look better. In the Middle Ages Zircons were believed to help sleep, used as a protection talisman to keep away evil spirits and to bring abundance, honor, and wisdom to the wearer.
Zircon Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Using a Zircon allows you to feel safer within your environment and be more open to all of the experiences that are happening around you with enthusiasm and joy. It helps to alleviate stress in your life and is the bringer of peace allowing you to feel more settled when you are experiencing troubling times. Zircons are a stone that helps you to fix situations and anything that feels ‘broken’ around you. This can include damaged relationships, finding new love, or finding things that are lost. Zircon is a stone that allows you to transition into better times this can include areas in your life like new relationships, a new job, fixing dysfunctional areas of your life, and bringing order and balance back into your life.
Working with zircons allows you to see that deep rich energy, when you pick them up you realize how heavy the stone feels and this allows you to realize an connect with the energy of broken things that you’re holding within your life and release it and move forward. Affirmation: My life is rich and full and I release all that is holding me back to transition to better times.
Physically: Zircon helps with muscle and bone disorders; relieves insomnia, allergies and vertigo;
Caution: People who suffer from Epilepsy or that wear a pacemaker should not wear Zircon for long periods of time, as it may cause dizziness.
Chakra – Solar Plexus and Sacral Chakra
Zircon is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Life Changes’
Zircon Physical Healing – Pituitary and pineal glands, spleen, cleanses organs, allergies, and vertigo. Helps with depression, fear, and jealousy. It helps with muscle and bone disorders, assists with insomnia or sleep issues.
Zircon Applications suggested uses:
- Place a stone under your pillow or near your bed at night to assist to calm you and with sleep issues. Combines well with Selenite, Howlite, and Rose Quartz for this purpose.
- Wear or carry a piece around as a protective Talisman. Combines well with Black Tourmaline and Tigers eye.
- Can be used in meditation or gridwork in times of transitioning to allow then you area to move into your life smoothly. Combines well with Pink Danburite, Chrysocolla and Kunzite for this purpose.
- Meditate on when Finding lost objects or looking for a new direction in your life.
- Place in a Mojo Bag to correct relationship issues or finding new love. Combines well for this purpose with Red Tigers Eye, Ruby, and Rose Quartz.