- Alternative Names: Tigers Eye (Golden), Tigers Iron (golden with iron inclusions), Cats Eye (Red) and Hawks Eye (Blue)
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Common
- Location Found: US, Canada, Brazil, China, India, and Burma
- Colour: Golden Brown
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac: Capricorn and Leo
- Number: 4 and 8
- Element: Air
- Affirmation: I am grounded and have the self-confidence to be all I can be.
Types of Stones in the Eye Family:
Tigers Eye History Mythology Information: Tigers Eye originally got its name due to the way it can look like an eye when polished, this then leads to the belief that it was a protective stone and thought to protect the wearer against the ‘evil eye’, demons and spells. In the middle ages, it was very popular to have amulets made from Tigers Eye for protection purposes.
Tigers eye Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Tigers Eye is a very protective stone and can be used as a protective talisman. It also has great grounding properties and will help you to feel more grounded when you are feeling ‘spaced out’. It is one of those stones that brings everything back to earth and allows you to feel like you have your feet firmly planted on the ground. It aids you when you are collecting information so that it can put all the pieces together, collate the information and then use what you have effectively in the most effective manner – so this makes it a very useful study or work stone.
Tigers Eye helps you to find a resolution when you are faced with conflict, whether that conflict is external or internal in nature. It gives you the self-confidence in yourselves to be able to see why you are holding any addiction and the strength to move forward and make the changes to release these blockages that are holding you back. Tigers Eye through its golden colors helps to make you feel lighter and lift any depression that you may be going through. Tigers Eye is also considered a stone of abundance and when worked with will allow you to see what you really want in life and help you to manifest it helps you to see what it is you really need not what you want. Tigers Eye holds a very masculine energy and helps to balance out that side of things.
When working with Tigers Eye you will feel it hit your belly and bring an energy that pulsates out and down. It is like having a fire lite in your Solar Plexus and yet brings thorough grounding at the same time. Affirmation: I am grounded and have the self-confidence to be all I can be.
Question: What do I want in my life?
Is Tigers Eye Dangerous? Tigers Eye, Cats Eye, and Hawks Eye are made up of deeply embedded asbestos and actinolite fibers. Asbestos is a known hazardous material. However, the fibers are deeply embedded and replaced over time by quartz and iron oxides and should cause no issue particularly when sealed or polished. When cutting or polishing any member of this stone family please take all necessary precautions to ensure the loose fibers do not cause damage. The cause of its chatoyance can be embedded fibers of asbestos, as well as actinolite fibers.
Chakra – Solar Plexus, Sacral and Base Chakras.
Healing – Treats eye issues, throat, and reproductive organs, Helpful for repairing broken bones.
- Tigers Eye should be kept within your aura so wearing it on your person is a great way to achieve this. The most beneficial jewelry to wear is either a ring or bracelet as this will allow it to be closer to the Chakras it is more beneficial to.
- Worn or carried as a protective talisman.
- Using a slab as a paperweight in a work/study is a great way to have the vibration close to you when working/studying.
- Tigers Eye is fantastic to use as a hand warmer particularly when we are feeling stressed.
- As a meditation stone, Tiger Eye is fantastic either held or gazed upon.
- Using in a grid for either protection or abundance. For Abundance try combining with Citrine, Jade and Cinnabar. For Protection combine with Black Tourmaline and Selenite.
Tigers Eye Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.