- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Tricinic Crystal System
- Location: India, Australia (WA), Canada and Russia
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Orange, Yellow, Peach coloured with orange flecks
- Rarity: Common in lower grade, rare in high grads
- Forms: Rough, Natural, tumbled, carved in all forms and in jewelry
- Hardness: 6 to 6.5
- Birthstone: Nil
Sunstone History Mythology: The name Sunstone comes from the orange iridescent flecks in the stone that glitter and sparkle when you move it and it catches the light. Sunstone is a member of the Feldspar family and related to Labradorite. In India it is believed that Sunstone is a protection stone that keeps the dark at bay and is the matching opposite to Moonstone and that the two when combined create balance the same way as Ying and Yang do. I often find myself draw to use both in combination to take advantage of the balancing affect. Sunstone was regularly used by Native American in Medicine wheels. Please note that the Gold or Red Sand Stone is often mistaken for Sunstone and was created to copy the appearance of Sunstone in high grade but is man made.
Sunstone Metaphysical Healing Properties: Sunstone is a stone that that has a powerful connection to the Sun and the light it gives off. This is a stone that will draw you to wear it or have it on you during darker or colder times to assist you to weather you way through. It assist with this on all levels: physically, emotionally, spiritually or mentally, anytime where you need to remember and feel the warm of the sun and bring light back into a situations. Sunstone is like carrying around a piece of the sun with you, it brings warmth and allows you to remember the light within you and feel lighter and happier. It helps to energize your entire body by working to allow your physical and creative energy to flow by opening all Meridians or energy channels. Sunstone is a cleansing stone that allows you to remove or burn away cords of energy that are attached to you by other people that suck or drain your energy.
Chakra – Solar Plexus, Navel Chakra, Mein Meng and Spleen Chakras and Sex Chakra (Sacral), all middle or stomach area chakra primarily, but will assist in energizing all Chakras
Healing – Any stomach or middle area related issues or diseases including good digestion and stomach bugs, helps with Parasite stomach issues, Kidney and Liver issues, depression and circulatory issues.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages or damage by people draining your energy.
- Sunstone works wonderfully when place in or around the Solar Plexus Area. Try place a tumbled or a pendant in on a long necklace to sit over the top of the Solar Plexus.
- Great for meditating with to allow your energy to flow and to allow you to see your full potential and the ‘light’ within you. Combines well with Citrine and Carnelian for this.
- Wonderful as a healing tool to move through the auric field to clear or sever unwanted energy cords. Incorporated with Selenite is a very gentle way to cut all ties. Please remember to always work up through your Aura when doing cleansing or clearing.
- Great to use in times of depression and facing issues to allow you to move into the light.
- Carried as a talisman for protection against the dark or darkness.
- Combine with Moonstone to create the balance of male and female energies. These two stone put together are the matching Ying and Yang Crystals of the Stone world.
Sunstone Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.