- Alternative Names: Desmine
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Secondary
- Rarity: common to uncommon
- Location Found: India, Scotland, Germany and Iceland
- Mineral Class: Silicate in the Zeolite family
- Colour: white, grey, yellowish, pink, reddish, orange or brown
- Forms: clusters, natural
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5 to 4
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Numerological Number: 33 and 6
- Element: Wind
Stilbite History Mythology Information: When Stilbite was first discovered in 1818 in Germany it was given the name ‘Desmine’ which means ‘abundle’ in German which refers to the way it forms all clustered together. It was then renamed Stilbite from the Greek word ‘stilbein’ which means to shine, this is due to the pearl-like lustre that the crystal has. Stilbite is in the Zeolite family of stones and is often found in Formation that includes Apophyllite.
Stilbite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Stilbite has is a powerful, loving and supportive energy. It gives you guidance and direction on your journey through life as well as your spiritual journey, no matter where the direction. Stilbite helps us to reconnect and remember past life experiences. Stilbite has a loving gentle vibration that helps us to connect to all things and opens us to Universal Love. Stilbite reminds us that we are all loved and cared for no matter what your situation is.
Stilbite Physical Healing – Helps laryngitis and throat ailments, brain disorders, strengthens ligaments, counteracts poisoning, by removal of toxins. ADD/ADHS, dehydration, live disorder, muscular and skeletal issues and Osteoporosis.
Stilbite Applications suggested uses:
- Place around an area for its wonderful vibration of Universal Love.
- Great to go in a baby or child room (please place safely to protect the child as small pieces can be a choking hazard) in order for them to feel safe and loved at night on their own. A great combo of crystals to go in a child room are Selenite, Rose Quartz, Black Tourmaline and Lepidolite.
- Can be used in all meditations to reconnect, accept and let go of past life experiences. Great stones for past life work are Lepidolite, Larvikite, Emerald, Unakite and Charoite.
- Sitting by the bed it assists with sleep and has a calming peaceful effect. Pop a piece into a Sleep Mojo Bag for the extra energy.