- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Cube
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Lattice silicate
- Colour: Dark blue can can have white and peach lines
- Location Found: Most of the Sodalite comes from British Columbia and smaller deposits arefound in Brazil, Bolivia, Portugal, Romania, Burma and Russia.
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5 to 6
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Sodalite History Mythology Information: Sodalite was first classified about 200 years ago and its name come from the fact that it is made up of igneous rocks that have crystallized from Sodium-rich magmas – Sodium: ‘Sod’alite. As a relatively new stone there is not a lot of information about the Mytholog or history of Sodalite, however it is believed to have been traded in some parts of the world of goods due to its amazing blue colour.
Sodalite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Sodalite is a wonderful stone to assist the two sides of your brain to work in harmony with each other in order to find the best solutions to any situations. At the same time it also stimulates your pineal gland and the Third Eye in order to increase your intuition and physic ability. It helps you to feel the need to seek the truth while at the same time remaining true to yourself and your fundamental beliefs.
Sodalite helps to clean and block electromagnetic pollution caused by electronical devices that are around us (EMF and 5G radiation). It has a very calming affect and is particularly good when working in groups as it helps to bring harmony and a sense of oneness to the task at hand. Sodalite helps to stimulate trust in yourself and others and helps you to work more effectively with other people. It is a very peaceful stone and helps to brings clarity to confusion and helps to calm the mind. This allows you to let go of all outdated belief systems and allows new and improved ideas to come forward. Helps to calm panic attacks and allows you to release any baggage you are carrying due to guilt, fear and control issues. Due to its ability to calm the mind it is a great aid to get to sleep particularly when used in combination with Selenite or Howlite.
Chakra – Throat and Third Eye Chakra.
Healing – Balances the metabolism, calcium deficiencies, cleanses lymphatic glands, boosting immune system. Helpful for all throat conditions, digestive disorders, cools fevers, lovers blood pressure.
- Sodalite should be worn on a chain, pendant so that it is close to your throat and higher Chakras as possible, whoever is this isn’t an option then a tumbled in your bra or pocket will do nicely.
- Sodalite likes to be worn in skin contact for long periods of time.
- Place a stone under your pillow or in your pillow case in order to quiet the mind and get a good nights sleep. Try combining with Selenite or Howlite.
- It is also a great stone to carry around as a hand comforter and used when you need some calming and clarity of thought.
- Place on Third Eye or Throat Chakra during meditation or healing
- Place a pyramid or stone/stones between you and any EMF Radiation or electrical devices.
Sodalite Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.