- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Isometric
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Lattice silicate
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Dark blue can have white and peach lines
- Location Found: Most of the Sodalite comes from British Columbia and smaller deposits are found in Brazil, Bolivia, Portugal, Romania, Burma, and Russia.
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5 to 6
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Signs: Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 4
- Element: Water and Air
- Affirmation: I breathe out all negative emotions and an filled with peace, calm and serenity.
Sodalite History Mythology Information: Sodalite was first classified about 200 years ago and its name comes from the fact that it is made up of igneous rocks that have crystallized from Sodium-rich magmas – Sodium: ‘Soda’lite. As a relatively new stone, there is not a lot of information about the Mythology or history of Sodalite, however, it is believed to have been traded in some parts of the world of goods due to its amazing blue colour.
Sodalite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Sodalite is a wonderful stone to assist the two sides of your brain to work in harmony with each other in order to find the best solutions to any situation. At the same time, it also stimulates your pineal gland and the Third Eye in order to increase your intuition and physic ability. It helps you to feel the need to seek the truth while at the same time remaining true to yourself and your fundamental beliefs.
Sodalite helps to clean and block electromagnetic pollution caused by electronic devices that are around us (EMF and 5G radiation). It has a very calming effect and is particularly good when working in groups as it helps to bring harmony and a sense of oneness to the task at hand. Sodalite helps to stimulate trust in yourself and others and helps you to work more effectively with other people. It is a very peaceful stone and helps to brings clarity to confusion and helps to calm the mind. This allows you to let go of all outdated belief systems and allows new and improved ideas to come forward. It helps to calm panic attacks and allows you to release any baggage you are carrying due to guilt, fear and control issues. Due to its ability to calm the mind, it is a great aid to get to sleep particularly when used in combination with Selenite or Howlite. Affirmation: I breathe out all negative emotions and an filled with peace, calm and serenity.
Question: What makes you feel calm and in balance?
Chakra – Throat and Third Eye Chakra.
Sodalite is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘New Vision’
Sodalite Physical Healing – Balances the metabolism, calcium deficiencies, cleanses lymphatic glands, boosting the immune system. Helpful for all throat conditions, digestive disorders, cools fevers, lowers blood pressure.
Sodalite Applications Suggested uses:
- Sodalite should be worn on a chain, pendant so that it is close to your throat and higher Chakras as possible, whoever is this isn’t an option then a tumbled in your bra or pocket will do nicely.
- A great stone to use around babies, children or anyone that have not developed communication skills or would like to improve communication as it helps to bring calm and peace with communication issues by working through the Throat chakra.
- Sodalite likes to be worn in skin contact for long periods of time.
- Place a stone under your pillow or in your pillowcase in order to quiet the mind and get a good nights sleep. Try combining with Selenite or Howlite.
- Great to go in a baby or child room (please place safely to protect the child as small pieces can be a choking hazard) in order for them to feel safe and loved at night on their own. A great combo of crystals to go in a child room are Selenite, Rose Quartz, Black Tourmaline and Lepidolite.
- It is also a great stone to carry around as a hand comforter and used when you need some calming and clarity of thought.
- Place on Third Eye or Throat Chakra during meditation or healing
- Place a pyramid or stone/stones between you and any EMF Radiation or electrical devices. Great stones to use when working to neutralize EMF Radiation are Elite Shungite, Shungite, Hematite and Black Tourmaline.
Sodalite Products for Sale