- Alternative Names: Obsidian
- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5 to 6
- Location Found: Commercially Mexico, however, it is found all over the world
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Black background with white/grey inclusions
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Modern Birthstones November
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn and Virgo
- Numerological Number: 8
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am strong and protected and radiate my own personal power.
Snowflake Obsidian Mythology History: Obsidian is a naturally forming glass that occurs when Volcanic Lava cools to quickly to crystallize. All forms of natural glass have been used as mirrors and weapons since the earliest history of man. Obsidian holds a super fine edge that makes a very fine cut.
Different Natural Obsidian:
- Black Obsidian (most common)
- Apache Tears Obsidian also is known as Smoky Obsidian – can look black but is opaque
- Mahogany Obsidian – Mahogany with black inclusions
- Snowflake Obsidian – black with white inclusions
Snowflake Obsidian Metaphysical Healing Properties: Snowflake Obsidian is a very grounding and protective stone whose energy is softer and gentler than normal Black Obsidian. Snowflake Obsidian is a stone that is without boundaries or limitations and assists you in breaking down any boundaries you are holding in order to become all you are meant to be. It works fast and with immense power, it is the knife that helps cut through all the issues you are holding to release you. Nothing can hide from this stone eg fears & blockages. Snowflake Obsidian is an extremely protective stone, forming a shield it blocks psychic attack and all negative energies. Affirmation: I am strong and protected and radiate my own personal power.
Question: What crystals help you feel protected?
Chakra – Root Chakra
Snowflake Obsidian Physical Healing – Obsidian is great for pain relief, ease tensions, release energy blocks, and vascular contraction. It helps to staunch bleeding and accelerates the healing of wounds.
Snowflake Obsidian Applications suggested uses:
- Worn or carried as a protection talisman.
- Snowflake Obsidian, when meditated with, will help to release any built-up emotions.
- Placed in a Mojo Bag with Selenite and Black Tourmaline for a completely balanced protection barrier. The black and white of the stone combined with the white of Selenite and the black of Tourmaline make a very balanced match.
- It can be used in all energy work as a protection and grounding stone. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.
- Worn next to the skin to help alleviate pain. Try place a small piece under a bandaid and level it over the healing area (closed/sealed wounds only). Stones that combine well for this purpose are Elite Shungite, Shungite, Hematite, Lepidolite and Obsidian.