- Alternative Name: Black Quartz
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Location: Brazil, Madagascar, Mozambique, Australia, Switzerland, Scotland, & the US
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Light to dark brown
- Forms: Points, Geodes, Pineapple cluster, celestial, clusters, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Sign: Capricorn, Sagittarius, Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 7
- Element: Earth and Air
- Affirmation: Grounded and protected I raise like the smoke to become all I can be.
Smoky Quartz History Mythology – In many European Countries throughout history smoky Quartz has been a good luck stone that would be worn as a protective talisman. The belief is still strong today and you will find crucifixes/cross cut from Smoky Quartz. References to the sacred stone Smoky Quartz and its uses in Scotland date back to the druids and it is to this day the National Gem Stone of Scotland.
There are main types of crystals that fall into the Quartz family however there are the five main ones which include:
- Clear Quartz – clear to milk in colour and can have inclusions
- Smoky Quartz – light brown to dark brown-black in colour
- Citrine – yellow to orange in colour and can have a green ting
- Rose Quartz – pink to lavender in colour
- Amethyst – mainly purple however colour ranges from white to black and it can also be found in green
Smokey Quartz Metaphysical Healing Properties: Smoky Quartz is one of the 5 main quartz’s, Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Citrine being the other four. Smoky Quartz is the protector out of the group and is an excellent stone for grounding and calming, especially when you are feeling stressed. It helps to eliminate and detoxify the body on all levels. It also assists in easing fear and helps to lift depression. It is a wonderfully calming stone and assists you to feel more centered in where you are at right now and to find acceptance that you are in the right place at the right time in order to move forward. Smokey quartz helps us to achieve acceptance with who we are and our own physical bodies.
Smoky Quartz is a very easy stone to work with, it can be programmed as it is a member of the Quartz family and you can overtime strengthen your intent and resolve into it. Like the smoky raising from the fire, Smoky Quartz protects you and allows you to raise up and become all you can be. Affirmation: Grounded and protected I raise like the smoke to become all I can be.
Question: What crystal help ground you?
Chakra – Base or Earth Star Chakra
Healing – Excellent for treating radiation-related illnesses of chemotherapy. Promotes pain relief, Good for ailments of abdomen, hip, and legs and relieves pain and helps headaches. Dissolves cramps strengthens the back and fortifies the nerves. Aids in the assimilation of minerals regulates liquid within the body
- Meditate or heal within a circle of Smokey Quartz will amplify the vibration
- In a situation of stress, hold a Smokey Quartz in each hand and feel their calming effects.
- Smokey Quartz can be laid directly on the afflicted body part for pain relief.
- Jewelry especially bracelets, rings, and anklets (due to their proximity to the connected Chakras) made from Smokey Quartz is an extremely useful piece to have on and wear for its grounding and protection capabilities.
- Place a piece in a Mojo Protection Bag or carry a piece around to assist with protection and grounding. Combines well with Selenite, Black tourmaline and Obsidian for the purpose.
- Meditation while gazing into or holding a Smokey Quartz is very powerful
- Using Smokey Quartz in conjunction with other crystals in order to amplify their vibration
- Healing with Smokey Quartz is a great way to assist with depression and ground the person. This can be further fine-tuned by using the formation within the crystal as well please see here for different crystal formations.
Smokey Quartz Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.