- Alternative Names: Septarian and Dragon Stone
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Madagascar
- Mineral Class: Concretion, Carbonates
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5 to 4
- Colour: Brown, yellow, cream, black
- Rarity: Common
- Forms: Natural, nodules, rough, tumbled, cut and in jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac Astrological Sign: Taurus
- Numerological Number: 66
- Element: Fire and Earth
- Affirmation: I speak my words with confidence.
Septarian History Mythology Information: The word Septarian comes from the Latin word ‘septum’ which means seven or ‘saeptum’ which means a wall or enclosure. A Septarian nodule is a concretion formation – concretion is a hard mass that is created by the accumulation of local surrounding matter, this is usually formed in a sedimentary area. Septarians are unique in that they are formed from volcanic eruptions that attracted dead sea life and chemically bond them together to form the ‘mud balls’ or nodules. Septarian is made up of a combination of Calcite, Aragonite, and Limestone. As the water evaporates and the nodules dry out they shrink and tend to form a very distinctive pattern with seven points facing each direction.
Septarian or Dragon Stone Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Septarian is a very grounding stone and allows you to really feel like your feet are firmly planted, and assists to gives you the energy to carry on no matter what challenges you are facing. It allows you to be more tolerant of those around you and to have patients in every situation you find yourself in. Septarian will assist you with your confidence and is particularly helpful for those that do public speaking or need to convey their point to a wider audience. It will allow you to have confidence in what you are saying and as a result engage and hold your audience’s attention.
A grounding stone, Septarian allows for better tolerance and patience, as well as emotional flexibility. It can gauge the underlying cause of an illness when meditated upon and focuses the body into healing itself. Septarian can absorb your energy when held over a period of time and transmits that energy into strength when needed. Affirmation: I speak my words with confidence.
Question: Do I feel confident in how I speak?
Chakra – Root or Base Chakra
Septarian Physical Healing – Helps with joint pain and healing from injuries particularly bruises, helps with aches and pains in the muscular and skeletal area, helps with nightmares and night terrors.
Septarian Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when in need of grounding and finding one’s place when feeling unsure on the direction to take.
- When feeling a little ‘lost’ try creating a Mojo Bag for finding your true direction or life purpose with Septarian Super 7, Sapphire, Sulphur in Quartz, Iolite and Clear Quartz.
- Wonderful as a healing tool when working on the Root or Base Chakra areas.
- Great to wear, have in your pocket or near you when you have to public speak, and need a confidence boost or have your audience be more engaged in what you are saying. Try combining with Carnelian for increased energy and Amazonite to allow you to speak from the heart.
- Carried as a hand warmer to comfort and grounding.
- Place under the pillow or near the bed to assist with sleep issues, doing a grid with Howlite, Selenite and Amethyst under the bed makes a wonderful combination.