- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Location: India, Iceland, Czech Republic, Russia, South Africa, and Spain
- Formation: Primary
- Hardness Mohs: 5 to 5.5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Mineral Class: Zeolite, Silicate
- Colour: White/off white translucent with a silky luster
- Forms: Fibrous masses, vertically striated, thin and prismatic forms, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Number: 1
- Element: Wind
- Affirmation: I spread my wings and connect to every realm in the universe with peace and openness.
Scolecite History Mythology Information: Commercially Scolecite mainly comes out of India and Iceland however there are other locations around the world where it is found. Scolecite has a wonderfully unique look, it forms in fans that spray out like wings, even when carved or tumbled you can see the lines of the fan/wings shine though. The name comes from the Greek word meaning ‘a worm’ due to Scolecite curling into worm-like shapes and fusing when heated.
Scolecite Metaphysical Healing Properties: Scolecite will assist to awaken your heart and bring deep inner peace and personal spiritual transformation. It helps to connect all areas of your past, present, and future, and working with it can assist you to be in and find perfect moments and release all blockages you are holding. Scolecite has a very high vibration and is particularly beneficial with aiding communication with spirit and higher self. It will help you to take control of your life and bring the things you desire into being so that you create the life that you want. It is great for stress relief and as a sleep aid as it is very calming and relaxing.
As Scolecite bonds and joins together to form a larger ‘better’ end product, it will show you and allow you to remember that working together in a group you can achieve a wonderful end result and it assists in removing conflict and finding a better coherence within. Just like the single strands bonding together it allows you to create and find better bonds with those around you so that the larger picture or great whole can be seen and improved on.
I love working with Scolecite it has such a gentle energy that makes you want to spread your wing and fly as you realize you are one with the universe and can do and achieve anything. Affirmation: I spread my wings and connect to every realm in the universe with peace and openness.
Question: Are you open to new things?
Chakra – Third Eye and higher chakras
Healing – Insomnia and sleep disorders, stress relief, healing of bruises
- Scolecite can be worked with for long periods of time in direct contact with the body as it likes to be in the Auric field to assist with strengthening and helping remove any blockages you are holding about past events. Combine with Seraphinite and Selenite to round out and make the process an easier transition.
- It is a fantastic stone to pass around and have the person hold while speaking as tension or group conflict is working to be resolved.
- Can be used in meditations to connect on a deeper spiritual level.
- Is a useful tool for dream work or astral travel.
- Combine with other high vibrational stones such as Moldavite or Herkimer Diamonds in order to bring a gentle effect through.
- Placing a tumbled stone under your pillow will help you sleep better.
- Place a natural formation beside your bed in order to sleep better.
Scolecite Items for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.