- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Secondary
- Rarity: Common
- Location Found: Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, England, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Namibia, Russia, Scotland, Slovakia, South Africa, and the US
- Harness Mohs: 7
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Colour: Red
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: March has Jasper as one of its birthstone (not specifically Red Jasper)
Red Jasper Mythology History Information: The Term ‘jasper’ comes from the Greek work jaspi which means “spotted stone”. Red Jasper has been used and revered throughout history. The Ancients Egyptians believed that Red Jasper was associated with Isis protector of the dead and amulets were often buried with the dead as offerings to her. In Norse Mythology the hero Siegfried had a magic sword that he slew the dragon with, this sword was said to be inlaid with Red Jasper.
Red Jasper Metaphysical Healing Information Properties: Red Jasper has been known throughout history and used as a protection stone both in this life and the next. It is a wonderfully nurturing and protective stone that brings grounding into all aspects of your life. Red Jasper is a stone of strength and courage that gives you the determination you need to be honest with yourself in order to pursue and achieve your goals. Red Jasper is a stone of pathways, it allows you to be quick thinking and find the best route forward helping you to transform your ideas into action. It is a very supportive stone particularly when recovering from illness or hospitalization – it is a stone of long journeys.
Chakra -Earth Star, Base or Root, and Sacral Chakras
Healing – Supports circulation, digestive, sexual organs. Balances mineral content of the body.
- A great stone for pregnant women to wear and use as it will strengthen and helps the baby grow. Try combining with Unakite and Moonstone.
- Place a red jasper under your pillow at night in order to help you remember your dreams. Combine with Selenite for a peaceful sleep and Amethyst to increase the remembering dreams.
- Wearing jewelry of Red Jasper particularly a ring, anklet, or bracelet will be highly beneficial as it assists with balancing and strengthening.
- Meditating on Red jasper is a great way to overcome any sexual issues that you might feel. Try combining with Ruby and Red Tigers Eye.
Red Jasper Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.