Pink Tourmaline or Rubellite Metaphysical Healing Properties
Pink Tourmaline is a stone of strength and protection and will support you in all areas of your life. It works best through the Heart Chakra to allow you to be open to unconditional love so that you can learn to love yourself and in turn learn to love other people. It will help to attract and then strengthen friendships by allowing you to be more understanding and tolerant of those around you. Pink tourmaline is a wonderful stone to give to a child that is entering puberty to ease the transition.
Pink Tourmaline is a very supportive stone particularly when you are going through difficult times or relationships. It allows you to either make the situation better or discover the understanding to allow you to let it go and move on with your life. This is particularly appropriate in situations where you are being taken advantage of or abused. Pink Tourmaline is a stone of release by releasing what is holding you back you can open your heart to new situations and spread your wings and fly with joy in your heart.
When I work with this stone I am not getting any single word but a deep understanding of self-love and valuing yourself to be who you are. Affirmation: I love myself and attract people who love and support me into my life.
Question: Do the people in your life support and love you?
- Schorl – Black
- Indicolite – Blue to blue/green
- Verdelite – green
- Rubellite – pink
- Watermelon pink with a green rind or outer layer.
- Dravite – brown
Rainbow Tourmaline is a mixture of two or more colours from the tourmaline colour scale. These colors can include pink, red, yellows, blues, greens, Dravite (browns), and oranges.
Pink Tourmaline is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Gift of Love’
Pink Tourmaline Physical Healing – Helps ease migraines as well as body aches, a heart condition, and blood circulation, particularly with the menstrual cycle.
Pink Tourmaline Applications suggested ways to use:
- It can be used in all meditations as both a healing stone as well as a protective stone.
- Great to use when you are seeking new friendships or relationships. Combine with Rose Quartz for love or any of the other Tourmalines listed above.
- Carried as a talisman for protection so that you can open your wings and fly knowing you are safe to be yourself.
- When going through any time of transition particularly when a child hits puberty, carry or have a piece for support and ease of transition. Combine with Moonstone (females) or Sunstone (Males), Carnelian and Lapis Lazuli.
- Like all Tourmalines Pink is a great one to bring through strength, support and love as it allows you to release old hurts and learn to love yourself.
- Carry a piece or wear some when you are going through difficult times particularly if you feel abused or taken advantage of. Combines well with Ruby, Garnet and Black Jet for this purpose.
- Wonderful to use in healing particularly around the area of the heart.
History/Mythology: Pink Tourmaline ranges in colour from a pale rose pink right the way through to deep red/pink stone. Pink Tourmaline is also known as Rubellite. It was first discovered by Dutch traders in the late 1600s of the West Coast of Italy. Legend says that Tourmalines got all their different colours because it travelled along the rainbow in creation. It received its name from the Sinhalese term ‘turmali’ which was the name of all coloured crystals from the islands of Sri Lanka at the time.
- Alternative Names: Rubellite, Elbaite
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Brazil: Brazil, Czech Republic, California, Africa, Afghanistan, and Spain
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Pink
- Location Found: Afghanistan, Africa, Brazil, and the US
- Hardness Mohs: 7 to 7.5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Forms: natural, matrix, rough, cut and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Numerological Number: 9 and 99
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: I love myself and attract people who love and support me into my life.