- Alternative Names: Rubellite, Elbaite
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Location: Brazil, California, Africa, Afghanistan, and Spain
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Pink
- Location Found: Afghanistan, Africa, Brazil, and the US
- Hardness Mohs: 7 to 7.5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Forms: natural, matrix, rough, cut and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
History/Mythology: Pink Tourmaline ranges in colour from a pale rose pink right the way through to deep red/pink stone. Pink Tourmaline is also known as Rubellite. It was first discovered by Dutch traders in the late 1600s of the West Coast of Italy. Legend says that Tourmalines got all their different colours because it traveled along the rainbow in creation. It received its name from the Sinhalese term ‘turmali’ which was the name of all coloured crystals from the islands of Sri Lanka at the time.
Pink Tourmaline or Rubellite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Pink Tourmaline is a stone of strength and protection and will support you in all areas of your life. It works best through the Heart Chakra to allow you to be open to unconditional love so that you can learn to love yourself and in turn learn to love other people. It will help to attract and then strengthen friendships by allowing you to be more understand and tolerant to those around you. Pink tourmaline is a wonderful stone to give to a child that is entering puberty to ease the transition.
Pink Tourmaline is a very supportive stone particularly when you are going through difficult times or relationships. It allows you to either make the situation better or discover the understanding to allow you to let it go and move on with your life. This is particularly appropriate in situations where you are being taken advantage of or abused. Pink Tourmaline is a stone of release by releasing what is holding you back you can open your heart to new situations and spread your wings and fly with joy in your heart.
When I work with this stone I am not getting any single word but a deep understanding of self-love and valuing yourself to be who you are.
- Schorl – Black
- Indicolite – Blue to blue/green
- Verdelite – green
- Rubellite – pink
- Watermelon pink with a green rind or outer layer.
- Dravite – brown
Chakra – Heart Chakra
Healing – Helps ease migraines as well as body aches, a heart condition, and blood circulation, particularly with the menstrual cycle.
- It can be used in all meditations as both a healing stone as well as a protective stone.
- Great to use when you are seeking new friendships or relationships. Combine with Rose Quartz for love or any of the other Tourmalines listed above.
- Carried as a talisman for protection so that you can open your wings and fly knowing you are safe to be yourself.
- Wonderful to use in healing particularly around the area of the heart.
Pink Tourmaline Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.