- Alternative Names: Fossilized Wood
- Crystal System: Trigonal or amorphous
- Hardness Mohs: 6-7
- Location: Most countries
- Rarity: Common
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Colour: Brown, redish, yellow
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Petrified Wood History/Mythology: Petrified wood objects have been found from the Etruscan Temple that date back as early as 4300 years ago. Petrified wood has been considered a very strong stone for magic in the past as it was thought that it was the fossilized bones or tools of the Gods.
Petrified Wood Metaphysical Healing Properties: Helps to eliminate worries & concerns (change what you can & lets the rest take care of itself). Supports during the crisis period of a disease and shows you why it is occurring so it does not have to happen again. Also helps you to see when you are being judgmental so you can open up to acceptance. It will assist you to strengthen your bond with the earth. It is of great assistance when working with past lives as it is an aid to remembering where you have been. The rings found within Petrified wood are like the pages of a book and store the different stages of life information held within the Akashic Records.
Petrified Wood is an organic stone (comes from organic mater turned into stone overtime) it is a great balancing stone with all of the inorganic stones available. I like to add an organic stone into you mix or stone combinations about 1 in every 10 stones to bring through the grounding natural balance.
Chakra – Solar Pelxus, Sacral, Root or Base and Earth Star Chakras
Healing – Used for hearing loss, paralysis and to strengthen skeletal structures. It supports you though times of crisis created by dis-ease.
- Worn as a pendant for long periods or time.
- Can be used in all meditations – a stone circle or a slice large enough to sit on is the ideal way to use it. However as that is are to obtain meditation in a circle or grid of Petrified Wood is ideal.
- Place into a grid to balance it out being an organic stone. About 1 in every 10 stones I like to make organic. Some other organic stone you can use are: Any fossils, Jet, Amber, Turritella Agate and Stromatolites.
- Used as a hand warmer or comforter when needed.
Petrified Wood Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.