- Alternative Names: Fossilized Wood, Agatized Wood
- Crystal System: Trigonal or amorphous
- Hardness Mohs: 6-7
- Location: Most countries
- Rarity: Common
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Colour: Brown, reddish, yellow
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Leo Virgo
- Numerological Number: 5 and 77
- Element: Earth
Affirmation: Like the rings of time I embraced the past future and present.
Petrified Wood History/Mythology: Petrified wood objects have been found from the Etruscan Temple that dates back as early as 4300 years ago. Petrified wood has been considered a very strong stone for magic in the past as it was thought that it was the fossilized bones or tools of the Gods.
Petrified Wood Metaphysical Healing Properties: Helps to eliminate worries & concerns (change what you can & lets the rest take care of itself). Supports during the crisis period of disease and shows you why it is occurring so it does not have to happen again. Also helps you to see when you are being judgmental so you can open up to acceptance. It will assist you to strengthen your bond with the earth. It is of great assistance when working with past lives as it is an aid to remembering where you have been. The rings found within Petrified wood are like the pages of a book and store the different stages of life information held within the Akashic Records.
Petrified Wood is an organic stone (comes from organic mater turned into stone over time) it is a great balancing stone with all of the inorganic stones available. I like to add an organic stone into your mix or stone combinations about 1 in every 10 stones to bring through the grounding natural balance.
Working with Petrified Wood brings through its soft organic vibration and assists you to feel grounded and connected to the Earth, and allows you to understand that everything through time leaves marks and helps to shape who you are. Affirmation: Like the rings of time I embraced the past, future and present.
Question: How easily do you find it to be in the moment?
Chakra – Solar Plexus, Sacral, Root or Base and Earth Star Chakras
Petrified Wood is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Past Life Embrace’
Petrified Wood Physical Healing – Used for hearing loss, paralysis, and to strengthen skeletal structures. It supports you through times of crisis created by dis-ease.
Petrified Wood Applications suggested uses:
- Worn as a pendant for long periods of time.
- Worn or used for any energy work during times of crisis in order to help ease through times of distress.
- Is a great stone to carry around when you are out in the natural world in order to strengthen your bond and connection to nature. Create a Mojo Bag and carry with you while in nature or when needed using Mystic Merlinite, Darwin Glass, Green Aventurine, Moss Agate and Shungite in order better connect and understand the world around you.
- Can be used in all meditations – a stone circle or a slice large enough to sit on is the ideal way to use it. However, as that is are to obtain meditation in a circle or grid of Petrified Wood is ideal.
- Used in grid work or energy work in order to open up acceptance of what is happening and reduce judgement to others and what is happening. Combines well with Petrified Wood, Rhodonite, Clear Quartz and Auralite for this purpose.
- Is particularly good when working on accessing or downloading information from ancient civilizations and the Akashic Records. Combine Tanzanite, Lepidolite, Phantom Quartz, Petrified Wood and Moldavite for this purpose.
- Place into a grid to balance it out being an organic stone. About 1 in every 10 stones I like to make organic. Some other organic stones you can use are Any fossils, Jet, Amber, Turritella Agate, and Stromatolites.
- Used as a hand warmer or comforter when needed.
Petrified Wood Products for Sale