- Alternative Names: Castorite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Primary
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location Found: Brazil and Namibia
- Hardness Mohs: 6.5
- Mineral Class: Lithium Aluminum Silicate
- Colour: Grey, Pale Silver and some with a slight pink or yellow ting
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, rare in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac Astrological Sign: Leo
- Numerological Number: 7
- Element: Wind
- Affirmation: I release all that is holding me back and embrace the future.
Petalite History Mythology Information: The Word Petalite comes from the Greek word ‘petalon’ which means ‘leaf’ due to the leaf-like appearance of the stone. Lithium was first discovered due to a Swedish scientists research of Petalite in the 1800. It is a very fragile stone and is rarely cut or seem in jewellery due to the layering of the crystal. Petalite is has a very unique look as it often displays small fluorescent iridescence that can be striated, this gives the crystal a pearly glassy shine with ‘leaf’ like layers.
Petalite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Petalite has a very high vibration that gives it a strong connection to all higher beings, it has also been called the ‘Angel Stone’ due to this connection. Working with Petalite can help to strengthen your connection to your Spiritual Guides and Animal Guides. It is a great stone to use when you would like to connect and download knowledge from ancient civilizations including the Akashic Records. Petalite assists you to open a ‘doorway/gateway’ in order to better communicate with the Cosmic consciousness and is a fantastic aid when embarking on any vision or shamanic quests.
Petalite is a strengthening stone that given you support and allows you to become more independent by helping you to cut ties to the past that are holding you back. By releasing these Etheric cords or ties to negative past events Petalite allows you to recognize the lessons needed to be learnt so that you don’t repeat the same mistakes moving forward. It is a calming stone that allows you to release negative energy and strengthens and soothes the auric field so that you are calmer and more centered. Petalite is a very balancing stone and will assist in bring male/female energies into alignment. Petalite is a fantastic stone to assist with enhancing your communication skills, to allow you to speak clearly with more confidence. Affirmation: I release all that is holding me back and embrace the future.
Question: What lessons do I need to learn to move forward?
Chakra – Primary Throat Chakra, Secondary Third Eye and Crown Chakra
Petalite Physcial Healing – ADD and ADHS, Depression and Anxiety
Petalite Applications suggested ways to use:
- Carrying a piece of Petalite in your energy field is a great way to utilize its different properties.
- Can be used in all meditations to deepen that state of meditation and strengthen the connection with higher gravitational beings. Combines well with Scolecite, Charoite, Celestite and Seraphinite for this purpose.
- Use Petalite on your crown Chakra in order to activate and stimulate any of the physic abilities – clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, and intuition.
- A stone circle of Petalite is a great enhancing method to any meditation and very powerful.
- Petalite is a wonderful addition to any gridding layout.
- Placing a stone under your pillow will help you sleep better and to assist in understanding/remembering your dreams. Combines well with Amethyst for this purpose.
- Meditate with it to start your Shamanic Journey or Vision Quest. Crystals to go in a Shamanic Mojo Bag would be Lodolite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite, Spirit Quartz, Turquoise and Axinite