- Alternate Names: Olivine
- Crystal System: rhombic
- Formation: Primary
- Hardness Mohs: 6.5 to 7
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Canary Islands, China, Brazil, Norway, Hawaii, Australia, Pakistan and South Africa
- Mineral Class: island silicate
- Colour: green
- Forms: natural, tumbled, and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional August and modern September and October
Peridot History/Mythology: Peridot has been used as a healing stone for over two thousand years before the birth of Christ and has been recorded in the middle ages as being a stone that could be used to ward off evil spirits and bestow wisdom and friendship on the wearer.
Peridot Metaphysical Healing Properties: Peridot is a protective stone for the aura and helps to repair and strengthen it. Peridot assists to neutralizes toxins on all levels, purifiers and helps to releases an old baggage that that you are carrying. Due to its amazing green colour it helps to activate and work through the heart Chakra and Solar Plexus. Peridot assists you to detach from people & places from the past that are in anyway restricting you from moving forward. It assists to reduces stress & shows you how to forgive yourself & take responsibility for your life and where you are due to your own actions or inaction. Peridot is a joyful stone that helps you to see the lighter side of yourself and life.
Chakra – Heart Chakra
Healing – Tonic: regenerates tissue, strengthens metabolism. Aids heart, thymus, lungs, gallbladder. Helps in childbirth by strengthening abdomen & relieving pain.
- Peridot should be worn against the skin and can be worn for long periods of time.
- Can be used in all meditations and is fantastic if you are working on releasing any past issues you are carrying.
- Placed over the heart for healing during energy work.
- Wonderful to use in grid particularly if working on moving forward to where you are meant to be in life.
Peridot Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.