Peacock Ore (Chalcopyrite)
- Alternative Names: Peacock Ore, Chalcopyrite
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Rarity: Common
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5-4
- Location Found: Mexico, Peru, South America
- Mineral Class: Sulfides
- Colour: Metalic Gold prior to oxidization and then can have a mixture of Violet, green, blues, gold and purples
- Forms: natural, rough, tumbled and carved rarely in jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac Astrological Sign: Cancer
- Numerological Number: 2, 4 and 9
- Element: Earth and Fire
- Affirmation: I am all that I can be and move forward with innovative creativity.
Peacock Ore Mythology History Information: Peacock Ore is Cholcopyrite as natural rough pieces and is called Peacock Ore when Bornite is present in the stone. Raw Bornite is a brown to copper-red coloured mineral and becomes known as Peacock Ore when it tarnishes and becomes an iridescent purple, green and or blue colour on the surface of the stone.
Peacock Ore (Chalcopyrite) Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Peacock Ore is known to help you find a lost object and is reported to be a stone that will ‘disappear’ and accumulate information that is useful to the owner/user. Peacock Ore is a stone of diversification that allows you to look at the world from new and exciting angles in order to stimulate your creativity and growth. It is a very creative stone that has a powerful connection to anyone in the sales, fashion or the entertainment industry, allowing you to adapt, innovate and prosper within the field as well as your own personal goals. Peacock Ore helps you to reach and stay at a meditative state and is very helpful in cleansing and activating the Crown Chakra by removing any energy blockages that you might have. Affirmation: I am all that I can be and move forward with innovative creativity.
Question: What areas in your life fill you with excitement?
Peacock Ore Physical Healing – Stimulates and repairs RNA/DNA damage, reduces inflammation, relieving the pressure of tumours/growths.
It inspires the infinite energies of the universe to activate the maintaining energies of the body.
Peacock Ore Applications suggested ways to use:
- Peacock Ore is a wonderful looking stone and can be ‘gazed’ into while meditating.
- Meditate while having a piece of Peacock ore near your Crown Chakra will help to clear any blockages that you might have. When working on removing blockages combine blue quartz with Lapis Lazuli, Selenite and Scolecite.
- A great stone to hold allows its calming focusing energy to bring you to a state of peace when you are trying to find a lost object.
- A stone circle of Peacock Ore while meditating has a vibration that will help you achieve and maintain a meditative state.
- Please note that Peacock Ore is a wonderful stone but is very brittle and will break off if handled too much.
- A great stone for energy work if you are in need of a fresh outlook on life or seeing things from a different angle for inspiration. Combines well with Opal, Opalite, Labradorite for this purpose.
- DO NOT use in a crystal essence for consumption.