- Different Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Mineraloids
- Hardness Mohs: 6 to 6.5
- Location Found: China and India
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Black with red (iron) inclusions
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac: Libra and Scorpio
- Number: 4
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: My feet are firmly planted on the ground and I move forward with confidence.
Mahogany Obsidian History Mythology Information: Obsidian is formed when lava cools so quickly that is doesn’t have time to form a crystalline structure and is also known as volcanic glass. It has been found in some of the oldest know artifacts of man found to date and its uses range from some of the oldest mirrors to some of the oldest weapons.
Different Natural Obsidian:
- Black Obsidian (most common)
- Apache Tears Obsidian also is known as Smoky Obsidian – can look black but is opaque
- Mahogany Obsidian – Mahogany with black inclusions
- Snowflake Obsidian – black with white inclusions
Mahogany Obsidian Metaphysical Healing Property Information: Mahogany Obsidian is a great stone to use when you are in need of protection or grounding as it has a very earthy vibration. It assists you with getting both of your feet firmly on the ground and being able to have self-confidence in yourself to make the right decisions to move forward. It is fantastic to use to help clear block both emotionally and physically through the circulatory system. Mahogany is a stone of change when you are ready it will allow you to make the changes you need in your life in order to move forward. Affirmation: My feet are firmly planted on the ground and I move forward with confidence.
Question: Where do you feel the most grounded?
Chakra – Root Chakras
Healing – Cleanses the blood and assist with circulatory issues, Assists with regulating and easing the discomfort of menopause, helps regulate the body temperature, assists with allergies.
- Mahogany Obsidian can be easily worn in jewelry for protection, change and grounding purposes.
- Used as a hand warmer or comforter when in need of comfort, grounding or protecting.
- Can be used in all meditations – particularly useful to gazing into in order to reflect on the changes that need to happen.
- Mahogany Obsidian is wonderful when doing healings on the Base Chakra area or issues involving the blood. It combines well with Bloodstone and Hematite for this purpose.
- It is a very grounding and protecting stone so can be used in meditations and healings for this purpose.
Mahogany Obsidian Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.