- Alternative Name: Nil
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Oxide: Carbonate
- Rarity: Reasonable common – rarer in a natural formation
- Location: Russia, Zaire, Australia, Namibia, Zaire, South Africa, Germany, Romania, Chile, Mexico and the U.S
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5 to 4
- Colour: Dark to light green with banding or marbling
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Libra, Capricorn and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 9
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am cleansed, healed and transforming for the positive in my life.
Malachite History Mythology Information: Malachite has a very long history and has been dedicated to many deities throughout history. It has always been considered to be a woman’s stone and in history has always been connected to a female Goddess: Russia – Lady of the Copper Mountains (who is believed to be a personification of Venus), Egypt – Hathor, Roman – Venus, Creek – Aphrodite, Northern Europe – Freya as well was seen to be the stone connected to the Muses for its representation of seduction, beauty, curiosity and aesthetic theory.
Malachite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Malachite is a highly protective stone. It has the ability to absorb pollution that surrounds us, purifies or naturalize them and then shields us against further attack. Malachite absorbs energy from around us so that we remain calm and more able to cope with what is happening, once we are balanced it helps bring the emotions to the surface so that we are able to deal with them calmly and rationally. By helping us cleanse the past and break ties with it Malachite allows us to move forward and step out of our comfort zone so that we can make the changes we want to happen within our lives. For this reason, Malachite has also been know as the ‘Stone of transformation’ due to its ability to cleanse, heal and start the transformation process.
Please be aware that Malachite has the ability to draw out and amplifies both negative and positive energies and should only be worn when you are prepared to deal with what will be brought to the surface. Due to its strong protective capabilities and its ability to absorb them malachite is a stone that needs regular cleaning. Malachite is also considered to be a stone of abundance which will help you to bring your goals or intentions into manifestation. Affirmation: I am cleansed, healed and transforming for the positive in my life.
Question: Do you welcome positive change into your life?
Chakra – Heart and Throat Chakras
Malachite is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Clearing’
Malachite Physical Healing – Cleanses blood, immune system, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, swollen joints, broken bones, torn muscles, cellular disorders, fine-tunes metabolism and assists with the endocrine system, easing menstrual cramps and assists with childbirth.
Malachite is one of the few stones that is very much a stand-alone stone for me as I believe that due to the amplification of energy properties that it has, it has a tendency to overpower other stones. However, if you feel you need to combine it then try going will go with Chrysocolla, Azurite, K2 and any of the Tourmalines.
Malachite Application suggested ways to use:
- Malachite should only be used for short periods of time due to its strong transformation effect and its ability to amply what you are going through.
- Can be used in all meditations for protection, transformation and manifestation purposes.
- Malachite can be placed on the Third Eye while meditating in order to active the pineal gland and enhance your physic ability.
- Healers will find malachite a very useful stone, particularly when working with issues/matters of the heart.
- Used as a shield to assist against Radioactivity.
- DO NOT use in crystal essence for consumption.
NOTE: Please be aware that there is a lot of fake Malachite Jewelry on the market and only buy from a trusted seller. Malachite is a very heavy stone that has a dense energy, if you are sensitive to energy this is a way to recognize if you have a genuine stone.