Larimar Info Video
- Alternative Names: Dolphin Stone, Soul Mate Stone
- Crystal System: Triclinic
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Chain Silicate
- Location Found: Dominican Republic
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Hardness Mohs: 4.5 to 5
- Colour: Light blue with white patterning
- Forms: natural, tumbled, rough cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: nil
Larimar History Mythology: Larimar is a very newly discovered stone with it being officially named in 1972 by a volunteer Miguel Menuel who found a specimen on the beach in the Dominican Republic. The local natives believed that the stone came from the sea and called it ‘Blue Stone’ however Miguel Menuel name the stone after his daughter Larissa ‘Lari’ and the Spanish word for sea ‘mar’ due to its wonderful blue colour that resemble the Caribbean Sea thus creating the name ‘Larimar’. Larimar is only found in a remote location in the Dominican Republic and is blue variety of Pectolite which is a Chain Silicate.
Larimar Connection to Atlantis: The well known American Mystic Edgar Cayce predicated that the remains of Atlantis would be found in the Caribbean at some point in the future. With Larimar being only found in the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean and the blue stones association with water it is found by many to have very strong ties to Atlantis and to dolphins. Dolphins are said to have been in communication with Atlantian. It is said that if you meditate with Larimar you are able to connect to the lost civilization and gain knowledge that is lost when you are ready.
Larimar or Dolphin Stone or Soul Mate Stone Metaphysical Healing Properties: Larimar is a fantastically soft stone that has a very strong connection with the Throat Chakra and will help you to find your own truth by opening and listening to your heart as well as accessing ancient knowledge that is locked away. It has a very strong connection to Mother Earth and particularly the sea and will help in the connection and communication with all living creatures particularly dolphins. It is considered the Soul Mate stone and will assist in drawing your Soul Mate to you and help to release any negative energies between couples. Larimar is a very calming stone that helps to bring peace and balance to your life and have a more positive outlook on what is happening around you. Larimar is a stone of change that will assist you to transition from where you are now to where you are meant to be, it does this while supporting you and strengthen your resolution to stay on your true path.
Chakra – Throat Chakra, and higher Chakra (also good for opening the Thymus and Heart Chakras)
Healing – Depression, anxiety and apathy, Issues of the Lymphatic system, Throat/Neck issues including Thyroid, sinus, and tonsils, Asthma and Emphysema, Cancer and Tumors, removal of toxin build up, inflammation and assist with headaches and boosting the immune system.
Please note that the better the blues in the stone the higher the grade and the more expensive it will be. Larimar will also fade over time if left in direct sunlight, so when cleansing please us moonlight or Selenite.
Better quality Larimar (deeper blues) is becoming more difficult to find at the moment as they have struck a white vein in the mine. Please be aware I have been seeing dyed Larimar more often recently. You can test if your piece has been dyed by holding a light behind it and if you see both blues and greens while shine the light through it – no matter what the surface colour) it is a good quality Larimar and NOT dyed. Example photo to follow.
- Larimar can be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body a pendant is a wonderful way of doing this and having it close to your relevant chakras.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working with issues in communication and accessing past knowledge.
- Placing a piece in a grid is a wonderful way to work on retrieving and download information.
- Larimar is wonderful to use when doing healing, place over the Throat Chakra or on the relevant area.
Larimar Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.