Lapis Lazuli Metaphysical Healing Properties
Lapis Lazuli is considered to be a very protective stone and accounts of it being used as a protection talisman are recorded throughout history and still used today. It also helps to open up your Throat Chakra so that you can better communicate and use the spoken word to your best advantage. It assists you to be more aware of who you are and what you want out of any given situation, and at the same time allows you to see the other side of the situation with acceptance, understanding, and compassion. It allows you to release any blockages that you might have particularly around the areas of martyrdom, suffering, and cruelty. Lapis helps to activate your pineal gland and by doing this opens up your intuition and psychic ability by making your connection to the spirit realm stronger. Due to the inclusion of Pyrite in Lapis Lazuli, it is a great abundance stone.
Working with Lapis Lazuli’s deep rich energy is always a joy. Its protection qualities bring through confidence and allow you to speak your own truth feeling protected and able. Affirmation: I am protected in all I say and do and speak my own truth with confidence.
Question: What crystals give me confidence?
Chakra – Third Eye and Throat Chakras and Solar Plexus
Lapis Lazuli is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Realization’
Lapis Lazuli Physical Healing – Alleviates pain, overcomes depression and boosts our immune systems. Helps in cases of insomnia and vertigo and lowers blood pressure as well as assists with any issues in relation to the pineal gland.
Lapis Lazuli Applications suggested uses:
- Lapis should be worn in direct contact with the body – a choker or high necklace pendant is great for this as it is close to your Throat Chakra and Third Eye.
- Wearing a protective talisman is a great way to stay and feel safe.
- Helps to stimulate and balance your Throat Chakra so that you are better able to learn to speak your own truth with confidence. Stones that assist in this area are Kyanite, Amazonite, Blue Tigers Eye, Larimar, Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli.
- Lapis works well when laid directly on the Throat or Third Eye chakras during meditation or healings particularly when working on opening the Third Eye;
- By Meditating with Lapis on your Third Eye you will develop your intuition and expand and amplify your clairvoyant abilities, Lapis helps to activate your pineal gland and by doing so opens your connection to the spirit realm.
- Lapis Lazuli is a great abundance stone due to the inclusions of Pyrite. Use it in a grid for abundance with protection and try combining with Tigers Eye and Amazonite.
Lapis Lazuli History Mythology Information: Lapis lazuli gets its name from the Persian word ‘lazur’ which roughly translates to ‘blue stone’. In ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt, it was known as the ‘Stone of Rulers’ and was seen to be associated with the heavens with temple ceilings and statues adorned with the stone. While in Europe it was viewed to have the power to cure melancholy and fevers. The golden flecks in Lapis Lazuli are the inclusions of Pyrite.
- Alternative Names: None
- Crystal System: Cubic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Lattice Silicate
- Location: Afghanistan and Chile
- Hardness Mohs: 5 to 5.5
- Rarity: Reasonable common
- Chakra – Third Eye and Throat Chakras and Solar Plexus
- Energy: Masculine
- Colour: Deep Blue with gold-coloured flecks
- Forms: natural, polished, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional September, Modern October
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Libra and Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 3
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: I am protected in all I say and do and speak my own truth with confidence.