- Crystal System: Cubic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class:Lattice Silicate
- Location: Afghanistan and Chile
- Hardness Mohs: 5 to 5.5
- Rarity: Reasonable common
- Colour: Deep Blue with gold coloured flecks
- Forms: natural, polished, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional September, Modern October
Lapis Lazuli Mythology: Lapis lazuli gets its name from the Persian word ‘lazur’ which roughly translates to ‘blue stone’. In ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt it was known as the ‘stone of Rules’ and was seen to be associated with the heavens with temple ceiling and statues being adorned with the stone. While in Europe it was viewed to have the power to cure melancholy and fevers.
Lapis Lazuli Metaphysical Healing Properties: Lapis Lazuli is considered to be a very protection stone and accounts of it being used as a protection talisman are recorded throughout history and still used today. It also helps to open up our Throat chakra so that we are better able to communicate and use the spoken word to our best advantage. It assists us to be more aware of who we are and what we want out of any given situation, and at the same time allows us to see the other side of the situation with acceptance, understanding and compassion. It allows us to release any blockages that we might have particularly around the areas of martyrdom, suffering and cruelty. Lapis helps to activate your pineal gland and by doing this opens up your intuition and physic ability by making your connection to the spirit realm stronger.
Chakra – Third Eye and Throat Chakras and Solar Plexus
Healing – Alleviates pain, overcomes depression and boosts the our immune systems. Helps in cases of insomnia and vertigo and lowers blood pressure as well as assisting with any issues in relation to the pineal gland.
- Lapis should be worn in direct contact with the body – a choker or high necklace pendant is great for this as it is close to your throat chakra and third eye.
- Wearing a protective talisman is a great way to stay and feel safe.
- Lapis works well when laid directly on the throat or third eye chakras during meditation or healings
- By Meditating with Lapis on your Third eye you will develop your intuition and expand and amplify your clairvoyant abilities, Lapis helps to activate your pineal gland and by doing so opens your connection to the spirit realm.
Lapis Lazuli Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.