- Alternative Names: Disthene, Kyanite
- Crystal System: Triclinic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Rarity: Depending on Colour rare to common
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Rarity: common to rare depending on colour
- Location Found: Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Kenya, India, Myanmar, the European Alps, and Australia
- Hardness Mohs: 4.5 to 7 depending on colour
- Colour: Blue, Green, Black, Orange and Diachronic
- Forms: Blades, fans, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries, Libra and Taurus
- Numerological Number: 4
- Element: Water and Wind
- Affirmation: I speak my meaning clearly and am open to receive higher information.
Kyanite History Mythology Information: Kyanite did not receive its name until the eighteenth century due to the fact that up until then most blue crystal/stones were all put in the same category. So even though Kyanite has been used and around for a long time there are no existing traditions as to its use.
Kyanite comes in a range of different colours, with the most common being Blue, then Black Fans, then Green and Ocean Blades, then Orange Blade. Black Kyanite fans are very regularly coated with a range of different coating: Dichronic, Aluminium, and a titanium mix.
Known Kyanite types/colours:
- Blue (most common) Kyanite – Throat Chakra
- Green Kyanite – Heart Chakra
- Ocean – Heart and Throat Chakra
- Black Kyanite Fans – Base and lower Chakras
- Orange (Least Common) Kyanite – Sacral Chakra
Kyanite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Kyanite is a fantastic stone in that it never needs to be cleansed as it does not hold negative energy. Blue Kyanite energy works amazingly on your Throat Chakra in order to clear any blockages and encourages you to speak your truth, cutting any fear that you are holding and releasing you to mover forward in a productive way. Kyanite helps to restore your Qi (energy) to your physical body and organs by aligning the pathways through the meridians and Chakras. It is a very light and calming stone to use that brings through a peace. Affirmation: I speak my meaning clearly and am open to receive higher information.
Question: What crystals help you to be a more confident speaker?
Kyanite does hold any negative energy so it does not need to be cleansed however sometimes it can feel a little flat and would benefit from a Selenite or Moonlight boost.
Kyanite is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Alignment’
Kyanite Physical Healing: Treats muscular disorders, fevers, thyroid, adrenals, and a natural pain reliever, lowers blood pressure, and releases excess weight. Balances yin-yang energy.
Kyanite Application ways to use:
- Kyanite can be worn or carried in direct contact with the body. Pendants and Mojo Bags are a wonderful way to use Kyanite.
- Can be used in all meditations or gridding.
- For stimulating your Qui or raising your energy. Great stones to use for this are Kyanite, Carnelian, Sunstone, Amber and Ruby.
- Make a balance/energy Mojo Bag in order to feel more energized. Combines well with Carnelian, Amber, Golden Rutilated Quartz and Sunstone for this purpose.
- Laid on during healing or meditation
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages. Try combining with Amethyst, Unakite and or Clear Quartz.
- Helps to stimulate and balance your Throat Chakra so that you are better able to learn to speak your own truth with confidence. Stones that assist in this area are Kyanite, Amazonite, Blue Tigers Eye, Larimar, Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli.
- A stone circle of Kyanite blades is a great enhancing method and very powerful.
Kyanite Products for Sales