- Alternative names: Green Stone, Nephrite and Jadeite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Chain Silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 5-6
- Location: Both jadeite and nephrite are found in Russia, China, and Guatemala. Nephrite deposits of varying quality have been found in the Swiss Alps and New Zealand
- Colour: Pale Green to deeper green and even black – black Jade is the oldest and rarest of the green Jades. (Lavender – Lavender Jade)
- Forms: rough, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: March
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Depends and varies depending on colour
- Numerological Number: 5
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: My life is filled with prosperity and good fortune.
Jade History Mythology Information: Jade refers to two different stones – Nephrite and Jadeite. Jadeite is the rarer stone of the two and is found in a range of different colours: White, orange, brown, lilac and green. The most well know or popular colour being green. Nephrite is more common than Jadeite and is found in grey, white and green. For over 2000 years Jade has been a prized material in Central American and Asian Culture and considered a good luck talisman. It has been used and carved into intricate objects and pendants. It was also given as a common gift in the Chinese Culture where a bridegroom gave his fiancees a carving of a Jade Butterfly to represent their eternal and unending love.
Jade Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Jade has been used as a good luck talisman for over 2000 years and is considered to be a stone of abundance and prosperity. It is a wonderful stone to use when working on issues of the heart or working with the heart chakra as it is a very balancing stone and helps to align your male and female sides in order to bring balance. Jade is a very calming stone particularly if you are feeling stressed or have anxiety, which makes it a great sleep aid during times of stress. It also helps to give us the confidence and wisdom we need to make decisions in life and move forward in life.
Jade is a wonderfully protective stone that allows you to feel safe and secure while assisting to open up your heart to bring through the acceptance of abundance and prosperity into your life. You first need to feel good about yourself in order for your heart to be open and willing to accept the gifts that come into your life, that is one of the things that Jade is particularly good at. Affirmation: My life is filled with prosperity and good fortune.
Question: What is holding me back in life?
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Jade is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Dream Work’
Jade Physical Healing areas – Aids hormone balance, helps when recuperating from illness, heart issues, eyesight and depression and anxiety
Jade Application ways to use:
- Meditating in order to manifest abundance into your life.
- Carried in the pocket and used as a hand warmer or place in your wallet in order to attract abundance into your life. For money/abundance work combine with Citrine, Yellow Apatite and Green Aventurine.
- Laid directly on the affected body part during healing.
- Laid directly on the Heart Chakra during healing.
- Worn as a piece of jewelry and is very effective when kept within the aura and use it as a protection talisman.
- As a good luck talisman make a Mojo Bag with Amber, Celestite and Clear Quartz.
- Wear a piece or having it within your aura at night is a great way to find calm in order to sleep better. Place under the pillow or near the bed to assist with sleep issues, doing a grid with Selenite, Howlite and Amethyst under the bed makes a wonderful combination.
- Make your own or pop a piece into a Mojo Sleep Bag to assist with a great night’s sleep.
Jade Products for Sale