- Alternative names: Green Stone
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Chain Silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 6-7
- Location: Both jadeite and nephrite are found in Russia, China, and Guatemala. Nephrite deposits of varying quality have been found in the Swiss Alps and New Zealand
- Colour: Pale Green to deeper green and even black – black Jade is the oldest and rarest of the green Jades.(Lavender – Lavender Jade)
- Forms: rough, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
Jade History/Mythology: Jade refers to two different stones – Nephrite and Jadeite. Jadeite is the rarer stone of the two and is found in a range of different colours: White, orange, brown, lilac and green. The most well know or popular colour being green. Nephrite is more common that Jadeite and is found in grey, white and green. For over 2000 years Jade has been a prize material in Central American and Asian Culture and considered a good luck talisman. It has been used and carved into intricate object and pendants. It was also given as a common gift in the Chinese Culture where a bride groom gave his fiancees a carving of a Jade Butterfly to represent their eternal and unending love.
Jade Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Jade has been used as an good luck talisman for over 2000 years and is considered to be a a stone a abundance and prosperity. It is a wonderful stone to use when working on issues of the heart or working with the heart chakra as it is a very balancing stone and helps to align your male and female sides in order to bring balance. Jade is a very calming stone particularly if you are feel stressed or have anxiety, which makes it a great sleep aid during times of stress. It also helps to give us the confidence and wisdom we need to make decisions in life and move forward in life.
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Healing – Aids hormone balance, helps when recuperating from illness, heart issues, eyesight and depression and anxiety
- Meditating in order to manifest abundance into your life.
- Carried in the pocket and used as a hand warmer or place in your wallet in order to attract abundance into your life.
- Laid directly on the affected body part during healing.
- Laid directly on the heart Chakra during healing.
- Worn as a piece of jewelry and is very effective when keep within the aura and use it as a protection talisman.
- Wear a piece or having it within your aura at night is a great way to find calm in order to sleep better.
Jade Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.