- Alternative Names: Iron Ore, Kidney Ore, Bloodstone
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Rarity: Common
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5 to 6.5
- Location Found: World wide
- Colour: Grey metallic, powder red
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Hematite Mythology history Information: Hematite is a red oxide of iron and will commonly have a iron rust colour when found in nature. Hematite got its name from the Greek word ‘haima or ema meaning ‘blood’ and during the middle ages hematite was often referred to as ‘bloodstone’. During this time and still today some people will place a piece of Hematite on an open wound in order to stop the bleeding and assist with healing.
Hematite like Obsidian due to its shinny nature was often used as mirrors as well and Cylidrical seals. Since the cavemen Hematite has been ground up and used to make a paint which is a bluish Red Colour. Hematite is still used as a pigment in paint by artists today as well as a metal polishing power called ‘jeweler’s rouge’.
Hematite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Hematite is a wonderful grounding stone and then once you are grounded it works on re-balancing you to restore order and balance to your energies. Due to its grounding and balancing affect it is a fantastic stone to use in all legal situations particularly if the situation is a heated one. It helps to boost self esteem, enhances willpower, removes self-limitations & aids self expression. Hematite helps you to overcome any addictions so that you can move forward freely and with ease. It is a wonderful study or work stone as it stimulates concentration and help you to focus particularly in the area of mathematics. Hematite is also a great Psychic Protection stone as it can create a shield around you that will direct back the negative energies while at the same time keep your feet on the ground and help you feel protected and stable.
Hematite is a highly anti-inflammatory stone that assist with inflammation and pain relief. When it is used for this purpose you will quiet often find that it has been magnetized to further assist the pain relief.
EMF (5G) Protection: Hematite is a great stone to use for EMF (5G) Protections as it is iron based and helps to shield against the harmful effect of radiation. To read more about Electro Magnetic Field Radiation (EMF) protection stones please click here.
Chakra – Solar Plexus and lower Charkras
Healing – It restores & strengthens blood supply & can draw heat from the body. Good for circulation. Wonderful for arthritic conditions. Supports kidneys, stimulates absorption of iron & formation of red blood cells. Treats leg cramps, anxiety, insomnia. Good elixir for fever.
- Hematite should be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Used in grids to assist with a barrier against EMF radiation.
- Can be used in all meditations to bring peace, calm and grounding.
- Can be carried around as a hand warmer when feeling stressed in order to calm and boost self-esteem.
- Hematite can also safely be used as a gem elixir and is especially good in cases of fever.
- Wear a Hematite ring or piece of jewelry if you have joint issue can assist with inflammation and pain.
Hematite Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.