- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Colour: Grey metallic, powder red
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Mythology/history – During the middle ages hematite was often referred to as ‘bloodstone’. During this time and still today some people will place a piece of Hematite on an open wound in order to stop the bleeding and assist with healing.
Hematite is a wonderful grounding stone and then once you are grounded it works on re-balancing you to restore order to your energies. Due to its grounding and balancing affect it is wonderful to use in all legal situations particularly if the situation is a heated one. It helps to boost self esteem, enhances willpower, removes self-limitations & aids self expression. Helps to overcome addictions so that you can move forward freely and with ease. A wonderful study or work stone as it stimulates concentration and help you to focus particularly in the area of mathematics.
Chakra – Solar Plexus
Healing – It restores & strengthens blood supply & can draw heat from the body. Good for circulation. Wonderful for arthritic conditions. Supports kidneys, stimulates absorption of iron & formation of red blood cells. Treats leg cramps, anxiety, insomnia. Good elixir for fever.
- hematite should be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations
- Can be carried around as a hand warmer
- Hematite can also safely be used as a gem elixir and is especially good in cases of fever.
- Wear a hematite ring or piece of jewelry if you have joint issue can assist with the pain.
Hematite Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $6.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $18.50 flat rate.
- Pickup available from Sunshine Coast Qld from markets