- Alternative Names: Iron Ore, Kidney Ore, Bloodstone
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Rarity: Common
- Hardness Mohs: 5.5 to 6.5
- Location Found: Worldwide
- Colour: Grey metallic, powder red
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aquarius and Aries
- Numerological Number: 9
- Element: Earth and Fire
- Affirmation: I am protected, grounded, and balanced and I move harmoniously through life in a cool, calm manner.
Hematite Mythology history Information: Hematite is red oxide of iron and will commonly have an iron rust colour when found in nature. Hematite got its name from the Greek word ‘haima or ema meaning ‘blood’ and during the Middle Ages hematite was often referred to as ‘bloodstone’. During this time and still today some people will place a piece of Hematite on an open wound in order to stop the bleeding and assist with healing.
Hematite like Obsidian due to its shiny nature was often used as mirrors as well and Cylindrical seals. Since the cavemen, Hematite has been ground up and used to make a paint which is a bluish red colour. Hematite is still used as a pigment in paint by artists today as well as a metal polishing power called ‘jeweler’s rouge’.
Hematite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Hematite is a wonderful grounding stone and then once you are grounded it works on re-balancing you to restore order and balance to your energies. Due to its grounding and balancing effect, it is a fantastic stone to use in all legal situations particularly if the situation is a heated one. It helps to boost self-esteem, enhances willpower, removes self-limitations & aids self-expression which makes it a great stone to use when breaking habits or addictions. Hematite helps you to overcome any addictions so that you can move forward freely and with ease. It is a wonderful study or work stone as it stimulates concentration and helps you to focus particularly in the area of mathematics. Hematite is also a great Psychic Protection stone as it can create a shield around you that will direct back the negative energies while at the same time keep your feet on the ground and help you feel protected and stable.
Hematite is a highly anti-inflammatory stone that assists with inflammation and pain relief. When it is used for this purpose you will quite often find that it has been magnetized to further assist the pain relief.
EMF (5G) Protection: Hematite is a great stone to use for EMF (5G) Protections as it is iron-based and helps to shield against the harmful effect of radiation. To read more about Electro Magnetic Field Radiation (EMF) protection stones please click here.
Haematite is one of those all-round fantastic stones that has so many uses. When you pick it up the first thing you notice is how cool and heavy it is. That is exactly what brings through, cooling, and grounding of any situation. Affirmation: I am protected, grounded, and balanced and I move harmoniously through life in a cool, calm manner.
Hematite is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Spiritual Grounding’
Hematite Physical Healing – It restores & strengthens blood supply & can draw heat from the body. Good for circulation. Wonderful for arthritic conditions. Supports kidneys, stimulates the absorption of iron & formation of red blood cells. Treats leg cramps, anxiety, insomnia. Good elixir for fever.
Hematite Applications suggested uses:
- Hematite should be worn for long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Used in grids to assist with a barrier against EMF radiation.
- Worn next to the skin or over the affected area to help alleviate pain. Stones that combine well for this purpose are Elite Shungite, Shungite, Hematite, Lepidolite and Obsidian. DO NOT place over or on broken skin or open wounds.
- Can be used in all meditations to bring peace, calm, and grounding.
- Can be carried around as a hand warmer when feeling stressed in order to calm and boost self-esteem and increase will power.
- A great add when dealing with any type of addiction. Hematite is a great stone to assist with the transition period of breaking addictions. It works well with Lepidolite, Hematite, Garnet, Amethyst and Muscovite.
- A great stone to create and use in a Mojo Bag for Legal issue. Combines well with Garnet and Red Jasper for this purpose.
- To see my Top 5 Crystal for Cooling the Body and how to make your own Crystal Spray click here.
- Wear a Hematite ring or piece of jewelry if you have a joint issue that can assist with inflammation and pain. Combines well with Elite Shungite for this purpose.
- DO NOT use in a crystal essence for consumption.
Hematite Products for Sale