Libyan Desert Glass
- Alternative Names: Libyan Desert Glass, Golden Tektite, Golden Moldavite,
- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Meteoroid
- Location Found: The border between Libya and Egypt
- Hardness Mohs: 6.5 to 7
- Rarity: Very Rare
- Colour: Yellow, pale yellow
- Forms: Natural, rough, cut and rarely in jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac: Virgo and Gemini
- Number: 4 and 6
- Elements: Fire and Storm
- Affirmation: My trust in the universe allows me to be transformed into my full potential.
Libyan Desert Glass History Mythology: There has been much speculation on the origin of Libyan Desert Glass, the main theory being that it was created from the impact of a meteorite over 29 million years ago that came down in the now Libyan Desert. Recent studies have confirmed that Libyan Desert Glass was in fact made by an impart meteor. Libyan Desert Glass has been known by man in this area throughout history with tools being made from it by early man and a Pectoral robe made for Tutankhamen’s featuring a Scarab cut from the Glass said to protect and help him in the afterlife.
Golden Tektite Metaphysical Healing Properties: Libyan Desert Glass is a very high vibrational stone that helps greatly on issues relating to self-esteem or self-confidence. It has a strong vibration that resonates soundly within the Solar Plexus region in order to help you with any issues within these areas. It is a stone of transformation and ascension and will greatly assist you on your spiritual path when you are ready to move forward. It is a strong manifestation stone that will help you to achieve abundance in all areas of your life. It is a fantastic stone to help protect when working with energy particularly when channelling and assisting other people as it protects you from their negative vibration. It is like having sunshine in your belly – try wearing a piece over your solar Plexus to bring through joyfulness. Affirmation: My trust in the universe allows me to be transformed into my full potential.
Question: Where do you feel the most protected?
It has a more gentle and feminine energy than its younger brother Moldavite and has a tendency to soften Moldavite (which works with a huge punch) when they are combined and worked with together. They are the Ying Yang of the Glass Tektites Libyan Desert Glass is feminine and works from the Solar Plexus down and Moldavite is Masculine and works from the Heart Chakra up. A great combination.
Moldavite and Libyan Desert Glass used in combination are my all-time highly recommended Psychic Protection tools and should be used and worn by anyone feeling attacked or bombarded by negative energies. This combination is the very best way to protect you as it forms a protective barrier that is a combination of earthly and unearthly (due to its origin) energy. Due to the mixed energy negative energies have trouble penetrating the barrier and so it is a very effective shield. All tektite have similar protective with the most common being Tektite or Meteorites.
Chakra – Solar Plexus and lower Chakras
Healing – Issues of the stomach including ulcers, stomach cancer, irritable bowel syndrome
- Golden Tektite should be worn for long periods of time in direct contact with the body to help you move forward spiritually as well as to benefit from its protective vibration.
- It can be used in all meditations – particularly when trying to strengthen ties or contact higher vibrational beings.
- Meditated with in order to bring abundance into your life.
- Place a piece in your wallet or purse in order to bring abundance into your life.
- Amazing as the centrepiece of a grid particularly in order to work on either protection or abundance. Abundance combine with Amazonite, Jade and Citrine and protection combine with Moldavite, Darwin Glass and Smoky Quartz.
Libyan Desert Glass Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.