- Alternative Names: Please see list below as it depends on colour
- Crystal System: Cubic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Rarity: Common however different colours and the higher the grade the rarer it is.
- Location Found: Africa, India, Russia, South America, Madagascar, Pakistan, and the United States
- Mineral Class: Island silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 6-7.5
- Colour: Red, Brownie Red, pink, orange, yellow, green-brown to black
- Forms: Cubs, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional and Ancient January
- Astrological Sign: Aquarius, Capricorn and Virgo
- Numerological Number: 2 and 11
- Element: Fire
- Affirmation: I am a loyal loving person that always stays true to who I am and who I am becoming.
Garnet Names and Colours:
- Almandine: Opaque Red and not generally used in Gemstones
- Pyrope: Most commonly used Garnet Dark Rose Red
- Rhodolite: Rose Red Pink
- Spessartite: Orange Red
- Grossular: A Varicolored form of Garnet, occurring in almost all colours except blue
- Tsavorite: Green
- Andradite: Yellow, greenish-yellow to emerald-green, dark green; brown, brownish red, brownish yellow; greyish black
- Demantoid: Green
- Topazolite: Yellow
- Melanite: Black
- Uvarovite: Green
Garnet Mythology History: During the Middle Ages Garnet was identical to the medieval carbuncle and was reputed to glow in the dark. This was on a spiritual level as it was considered that the darkened soul would be illuminated and hope would be given on the difficult life journey when there seemed to be no end. It was therefore used by heroes on the difficult task of quests. This was either in shields, sword hilts, or as amulets that would bring luck, wealth, and blessings on the quest.
Garnet Metaphysical Healing Properties: Garnet is a wonderful stone if you are travelling or going on a journey as it is a valued protective talisman for all travellers. Garnet is a great stone to inspire love and devotion between couples and is considered to be a stone to aid inspiring and continuing commitment. Garnet assists you through tough times as it helps to strengthen your survival instinct and allows you to understand and realize what is needed in order to survive and then transition into a position where you are thriving, this makes it particularly useful while working through addictions. During any difficult times, Garnet is a stone that brings you comfort and the fortitude to push through.
Garnet is a stone of devotion and loyalty and helps to inspire you with passion and love into a committed relationship. This can assist in both finding the right relationship, strengthening a given relationship, or renewing what seems to be a lost love. Please remember that it can inspire these things in you, however other persons will have their own needs and wants and if it isn’t right Garnet assists with learning the lessons needed within the relationship and being true to yourself. Affirmation: I am a loyal loving person that always stays true to who I am and who I am becoming.
Question: Where do you find inspiration in life?
Chakra – Base or Root Chakra
Garnet is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Manifestation of Purpose’
Garnet Physical Healing – Regenerates the body and DNA, treats spinal and cellular disorders.
Garnet Applications suggested uses:
- Garnet is great to wear for long periods of time in a piece of jewelry (usually only found in the red variety)
- Garnet is great when carried or worn as a protective travel talisman
- Work with Garnet to inspire passion and commitment as a couple. Stones that combine well for passion are Carnelian, Garnet, Ruby and or Red Tigers Eye in order to bring the passion back into the relationship as well.
- Used in healing sessions in order to release tension bring grounding and to prosper and move forward. Try combining with Golden Tigers Eye for added abundance moving forward.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when cleansing, detoxifying and healing the body. For detoxifying and cleansing these are a great combination of stones Mooralla Smoky Quartz, Fluorite, Danburite, Garnet, Celestite, Azurite and Bloodstone.
- Carry a piece or wear some when you are going through difficult times particularly if you feel abused or taken advantage of. Combines well with Pink Tourmaline, Ruby, Garnet and Black Jet for this purpose.
- Carried as a talisman for protection particular when travelling. Try making a Travel Mojo Bag with Pyrite, Garnet, Aquamarine, Chiastolite and Mookaite.
- Garnet can be carried or placed in a work area in order to get the creative juices flowing. Stones that combine well for creativity are Red Tigers Eye, Carnelian, Citrine, Garnet and Rhyolite for this purpose.
- A great add when dealing with any type of addiction. Garnet is a great stone to assist with the transition period of breaking addictions. It works well with Lepidolite, Hematite, Muscovite, Amethyst and Lithium Quartz.
- Garnet can be meditated on particularly with matters of the heart, Garnet and Ruby combine wonderfully for this.
- It is very effective to be used as a hand comforter particularly through tough times.
Garnet Products for sale