- Crystal System: Cubic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Island silicate
- Colour: Red, Brownie Red, pink, orange, yellow, green brown to black
- Forms: Cubs, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional and Ancient January
Mythology/History – During the Middle ages the Garnet was identical to the medieval carbuncle and was reputed to glow in the dark. This was on a spiritual level as it was considered that the darkened soul would be illuminated and hope would be given on the difficult life journey when there seemed to be no end. It was therefore used by heroes on the difficult task of quests. This was either in shields, sword hilts or as amulets that would bring luck, wealth and blessings on the quest.
Garnet – is often carried as a protective talisman for travelers. It inspires love and devotion between couples and is considered a stone of commitment. Garnet Activates and strengthens the survival instinct. Is good to comfort and strengthen in times of crisis.
Chakra – Base or Root Chakra
Healing – Regenerates the body and DNA, treats spinal and cellular disorders.
- Garnet is great to wear for long periods of time in a piece of jewelry (usually only found in the red variety)
- Garnet can be meditated on
- It is very effective to be used as a hand comforter
Garnet Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $6.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $18.50 flat rate.
- Pickup available from Sunshine Coast Qld from markets