- Alternative Names: Please see list below as it depends on colour
- Crystal System: Cubic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Rarity: Common: however different colours or the higher grades the rarer it is.
- Location Found: Africa, India, Russia, South America, Madagascar, Pakistan, and the United States
- Mineral Class: Island silicate
- Colour: Red, Brownie Red, pink, orange, yellow, green-brown to black
- Forms: Cubs, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Traditional and Ancient January
Garnet Names and Colours:
- Almandine: Opaque Red and not generally used in Gemstones
- Pyrope: Most commonly used Garnet Dark Rose Red
- Rhodolite: Rose Red Pink
- Spessartite: Orange Red
- Grossular: A Varicolored form of Garnet, occurring in almost all colours except blue
- Tsavorite: Green
- Andradite: Yellow, greenish-yellow to emerald-green, dark green; brown, brownish red, brownish yellow; grayish black
- Demantoid: Green
- Topazolite: Yellow
- Melanite: Black
- Uvarovite: Green
Garnet Mythology History: During the Middle Ages Garnet was identical to the medieval carbuncle and was reputed to glow in the dark. This was on a spiritual level as it was considered that the darkened soul would be illuminated and hope would be given on the difficult life journey when there seemed to be no end. It was therefore used by heroes on the difficult task of quests. This was either in shields, sword hilts, or as amulets that would bring luck, wealth, and blessings on the quest.
Garnet Metaphysical Healing Properties: Garnet is a wonderful stone if you are traveling or going on a journey as it a valued protective talisman for all travelers. Garnet is a great stone to inspire love and devotion between couples and is considered to be a stone to aid inspiring and continuing commitment. Garnet assist you through tough times as it helps to strengthen your survival instinct and helps you realize what is needed to survive and then transition into a position where you are thriving. During any difficult times, Garnet is a stone that brings you comfort and fortitude to push through.
Chakra – Base or Root Chakra
Healing – Regenerates the body and DNA, treats spinal and cellular disorders.
- Garnet is great to wear for long periods of time in a piece of jewelry (usually only found in the red variety)
- Garnet is great when carried or worn as a protective travel talisman
- Working with Garnet to inspire and commit as a couple and try combining with Ruby and or Red Tigers Eye in order to bring the passion back into the relationship as well.
- Used in healing sessions in order to release tension bring grounding and to prosper and move forward. Try combining with Golden Tigers Eye for added abundance moving forward.
- Garnet can be meditated on particularly with matters of the heart, Garnet and Ruby combine wonderfully for this.
- It is very effective to be used as a hand comforter particularly through tough times.
Garnet Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.