- Alternative Name: Lead Glance
- Crystal System: Isometric
- Location: Mexico, Peru and Russia
- Mineral Class: Sulfides
- Colour: Grey
- Hardness Mohs: 2.5
- Rarity: common
- Forms: Natural formation and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac Astrological Sign: Capricorn
- Numerological Number: 22
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am centred, balanced and in alignment.
Galena History Mythology Information: Galena is a lead mineral whose name is derived from the Greek word ‘Galene’ which translate roughly to mean ‘ore of lead’. Galena has been mined for its lead and silver content since it was first recorded in 11 AD.
Galena is a Lead-based stone – DO NOT use in elixirs or essences.
Galena Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Galena is a very grounding and protective stone and will help you to feel more centred and that you have your feet firmly on the ground. It has a very harmonious vibration that allows you to feel more comfortable in yourself and elevates any self-limiting ideas that you might be holding. Galena is a great study stone and helps in the holistic and homeopathic areas in particular. Galena is a stone of doorways and will assist you in releasing any limiting ideas that you are holding so that you can move forward into the next level or stage of your life.
Galena is a very balancing stone that will assist you to strengthen the bridge between your physical and ethereal body in order to strengthen the alignment of your energy. Affirmation: I am centred, balanced and in alignment.
Question: What limited you from being all that you can be?
Chakra – Root or Base Chakra
Galena Physical Healing – Is a great stone to assist with joint and circulatory issues, including inflammation and aches and pains.
Galena Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when you are in need of protection and grounding.
- Wonderful as a healing tool and great to wear if you have joint issues.
- A fantastic study stone to assist you with your focus and work. Makes a wonderful paperweight for a desk. Create a study or concentration Mojo Bag. Works well combined with Agate, Clear Quartz, Tigers Eye, Muscovite, and Fluorite.
- Is a great stone to use at the centre of a grid in order to remove limiting ideas and expand life potential. Combines well with Astrophyllite, Clear Quartz and Apache Tears.
- Galena has a low melt point and can be fashioned with care into object or moulds.
- DO NOT use as a crystal essence.