- Alternative Names: Rainbow Fluorite, Fluorspar
- Crystal System: cubic
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: halide
- Hardness Mohs: 4
- Rarity: Common
- Location found: China, South Africa, Mongolia, France, Russia, and Central North America
- Colours Fluorite comes in – Clear, yellow, green, blue and violet and when you have banding with different colours it is referred to as Rainbow Fluorite
- Forms: Cubs, clusters, octahedrons, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn and Pisces
- Numerological Number: 9 and 7
- Element: Air and Water
- Affirmation: I am stable and cleansed and my light shines out.
Fluorite History Mythology Information: -Not much is known about Fluorite as up until the eighteenth century it was considered to be in the same group as coloured quartz. It was first recognized in the eighteenth century as being a mineral of its own and has been known as fluorspar since then. Fluorite can be coloured and heat-treated to enhance the colour, I have seen these items come out of Asia regularly.
You will commonly see purple and green banded Fluorite often with white separations as this is the most prolific of the colours. Yellow and blue are the two rarest colours in Fluorite and are harder to obtain. When you see the banding of Fluorite in different colours this is often referred to as Rainbow Fluorite.
Fluorite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Fluorite is a highly protective stone that assists with cleansing and stabilizing your Aura or Energy Field. Fluorite does this by drawing negative energy and stress that builds up around you and clearing it. Fluorite is also protective against all electromagnetic emissions or EMF like those that come from a computer, mobile phones (5G), etc. Fluorite is a fantastic detoxifying stone that cleanses and purifies on all levels and helps you to bring everything into order and overcome the chaos that can surround you. It helps to increase your concentration levels and makes study or work easier and you more able to learn and retain knowledge.
When you work with Fluorite you begin to understand that it is such a diversified and fantastic stone. It has so many different colours that you can work with depending on what your situation ask for and what area of the body you want to focus on. I always think of Fluorite like a rainbow that comes out after a good cleansing and shines through with all of its many colours: Affirmation: I am stable and cleansed and my light shines out.
Question: Do I need to detox?
Note – please make sure you cleanse your Fluorite regularly as often it can hold the negative energy to it absorbs and I have regularly heard stories about Fluorite breaking or splinting in 2 for no good reason. Selenite or Moonlight are wonderful cleaners to use with Fluorite.
Chakra -Adjust according to stone colour
- Purple Fluorite: Purple Fluorite mainly works through your Third Eye Chakra and helps to stimulate and focus your psychic intuition.
- Green Fluorite: Green Fluorite works through your Heart Chakra and it assists with cleansing all environmental or negative energies surrounding that area.
- Yellow Fluorite: Yellow Fluorite works through your Solar Plexus and assists with all things to do with manifestation.
- Blue Fluorite: Blue Fluorite works through your Throat Chakra and helps to bring through serenity and peace within oneself and when communicating with others.
- Clear colourless Fluorite: works through your Crown Chakra and assist to align all of your energies so that your spiritual evolution progresses.
Healing – Powerful healer, good for teeth, cells, bones and repairs DNA, relieves pain, Shingles and nerve-related pain
- Lay fluorite on the appropriate Chakra according to the colour for balancing and healing
- Meditate or heal within a circle of fluorite will give a protective circle and help cleanse your aura. Combine with Selenite and Amethyst for a divine cleansing.
- Jewellery made from Fluorite is extremely useful for clear negative energies, but please make sure you clean often.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when cleansing, detoxifying and healing the body. For detoxifying and cleansing these are a great combination of stones Mooralla Smoky Quartz, Fluorite, Danburite, Garnet, Celestite, Azurite and Bloodstone.
- Meditation while gazing into or holding a piece of fluorite
- Have Fluorite around your electronic appliances in order to absorb negative admissions
- Fluorite needs to be cleansed regularly due to the detoxifying properties please try Selenite or Moonlight. Combines well with Shungite, Elite Shungite, Hematite and Black Tourmaline for this purpose.
Fluorite Products for sale