- Alternative Names: Beryl
- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary or artificially created
- Mineral Class: Ring Silicate, Beryl Family
- Colour: Emerald Green
- Hardness Mohs: 7.5 to 8
- Rarity: The higher the grade the rare the stone
- Location Found: Emeralds are mined throughout the world with the best coming from Colombia. Other countries that produce Emeralds are: Brazil, and Zambia. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Australia and US
- Forms: Rough, cubes, natural, faceted, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient and Traditional May
Emerald History Mythology: Emeralds fall into your precious stone category and the finest emeralds ever found come from Columbia. It is very rare to find a natural Emerald without a flaw or inclusion: this can be a good thing if you are looking to purchase a natural Emerald as it is a sign that it is real. Legend has it that emeralds can be found in the nest of the Phoenix. In Antiquity Emeralds were associated with the messenger of the Gods Mercury.
Emerald Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: due to its wonderful green colour Emerald is associated with love and works best through the heart Chakra. Emeralds help you to open up your Heart chakras so that you can more easily give and receive love. By doing this Emeralds encourage a stronger bonding between couples/people and help strengthen communication that allows you to express your feelings more easily. By opening up the Heart Chakra Emeralds allow you to have the courage to start to realize and then follow your own true path with a strengthened resolution that you are moving in the right direction. Emerald is considered to be a stone of prosperity and will help to attract abundance into your life. Emeralds help to open up the Heart and release any past hurts you are carrying both from this life and previous one so that you can move forward with more less hurt and a great calm and direction.
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Healing – Treats sinus, heart, liver, lungs, improves vision. Alleviates rheumatism and diabetes.
- Emeralds can be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working with issues of the heart.
- Emerald is wonderful to use when doing healing, place over the heart on on the relevant area.
- Emerald can also safely be used as a gem elixir. Please make sure your Emerald is not dyed before using it for this purpose.
Emerald Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.