Emerald Metaphysical Healing Properties
Due to its wonderful green colour Emerald is associated with love and works best through the Heart Chakra. Emeralds help you to open up your Heart Chakra so that you can more easily give and receive love. By doing this Emeralds encourage a stronger bonding between couples/people and help strengthen communication that allows you to express your feelings more easily. By opening up the Heart Chakra Emeralds allow you to have the courage to start to realize and then follow your own true path with a strengthened resolution that you are moving in the right direction. Emerald is considered to be a stone of prosperity and will help to attract abundance into your life. This is in all areas of your life not just from a money perspective, but abundance in all areas. Emeralds help to open up the heart and release any past hurts you are carrying both from this life and previous ones so that you can move forward with less hurt and a great calm and direction.
I love working with Emerald and its old wise penetrating energy, it is a stone that gets ‘straight to the heart of the matter’. I have found it particularly useful when working on past life clearing or healings to hold it over your knee area. This helps you to recognize and release the damaging blockages you are holding and become more open and flexible moving forward. Affirmation: My heart is open and clear and the universe provides in abundance.
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Emerald is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Spiritual Healing’
Emerald Physical Healing – Treats sinus, heart, liver, and lungs, and improves vision. Alleviates rheumatism and diabetes. Stomach disorders, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Applications/suggested uses for Emerald:
- Emeralds can be worn for long periods of time and like to be in direct contact with the body or within the aura field.
- Meditating with Emeralds is a great way to release any blockages you’re holding in your Heart Chakra.
- Place Emeralds over the knee area, this can be done easily by lying down and meditating with it under your knees. This is a great place to hold it when you are working on releasing past life issues.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working with inner visions and retrieving past life information. Great stones for past life work are Lepidolite, Larvikite, Emerald, Unakite and Charoite.
- Emeralds are a great stone to put into a Mojo Bag for prosperity/abundance. They combined beautifully with Jade, Citrine, Yellow Apatite, and Amazonite for this purpose.
- Emeralds can be safely used in a gem elixir or gem essence. Please make sure that the Emerald is not dyed or coloured and that it has been thoroughly cleaned prior to using it. If unsure please go with a topical spray essence.
- Emeralds can be placed in your abundance center, an abundance grid, or hang over your Jade plant at the front or back door in order to attract abundance into your life.
- Popping a piece of Emerald into your purse or wallet is a great way to open your heart and attract abundance into your life.
Precious Gemstone value is rated using the 4 C’s – this will give you an indication of the different values of Emeralds:
- Clarity – refers to the presence or lack of inclusions that can affect a gemstone’s appearance and overall durability. In most cases, the clear it is the more expensive it will be.
- Colour – depending on the stone type the colour will reach a higher value.
- Cut – The better the cut of the stone the more expensive it usually is.
- Carat (ct) – This refers to the size of the stone. The size of smaller items like gemstones is often referred to as Carats – there are 5 Carats in a gram.
Emerald History Mythology Information: Emeralds fall into your precious stone category and the finest emeralds ever found come from Columbia. It is very rare to find a natural Emerald without a flaw or inclusion: this can be a good thing if you are looking to purchase a natural Emerald as it is a sign that it is real. Legend has it that Emeralds can be found in the nest of the Phoenix. In Antiquity, Emeralds were associated with the Roman messenger of the Gods -Mercury.
- Alternative Names: Beryl
- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary or artificially created
- Mineral Class: Ring Silicate, Beryl Family
- Colour: Emerald Green
- Hardness Mohs: 7.5 to 8
- Chakra – Heart Chakras
- Energy: Hermaphrodite
- Rarity: The higher the grade the rare the stone
- Location Found: Emeralds are mined throughout the world with the best coming from Colombia. Other countries that produce Emeralds are Brazil and Zambia. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Australia, and the US
- Forms: Rough, cubes, natural, faceted, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient and Traditional May
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries, Gemini, and Taurus
- Numerological Number: 4
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: My heart is open and clear and the universe provides in abundance.
Emerald Products for Sale