- Alternative Names: Brown Tourmaline, Champagne Tourmaline
- Crystal System: Trigonal Crystal System
- Location: Africa, Nepal, Indian, Australia, Brazil and Madagascar
- Hardness Mohs: 7 to 7.5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Mineral Class: Borosilicates, Silicate
- Colour: Brown – golden to dark brown
- Forms: Natural formation, Tumbled and uncommon in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Numerological Number: 2 and 9
- Element: Earth and Storm
- Affirmation: I recognize the challenges in my life that are holding me back and I release them with ease to move forward.
Dravite History Mythology Information: Dravite gets its name from the Austrian mineralogist Drave. It comes in different shades of brown, ranging from golden brown right through to almost black.
- Schorl – Black
- Indicolite – Blue to blue/green
- Verdelite – green
- Rubellite – pink
- Watermelon pink with a green rind or outer layer.
- Dravite – brown
Dravite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Dravite is a brown-hued variety of Tourmaline that pairs the purifying energies of Black Tourmaline with the heart-healing energy of Green Tourmaline. It can help one lovingly identify what needs to be released before further growth can occur. Dravite aids in allowing you to find emotional strength and a sense of self-acceptance, it helps to initiate deep healing for those who have experienced any type of emotional trauma. Its grounding influence helps those who feel overwhelmed release panic and begin to find a place of calm from which to approach life. It helps one to see what has been denied, so emotional healing can occur.
Dravite is a wonderfully soft Tourmaline that brings through all of the protection of Black Tourmaline however its edges have been softened through the energy of Green Tourmaline so that it is a gentler stone that helps to ease you through the difficult times. It allows you to recognize what is going on to hold you back and then release it so that you could move forward. Affirmation: I recognize the challenges in my life that are holding me back and I release them with ease to move forward.
Question: What is holding me back?
Dravite Physical Healing – Dravite’s energy lends one a sense of well-being and competence.
Dravite Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when you are looking for direction to move forward.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages or a damaged aura. Combines well with Charoite, Aquamarine, and Lemurians
- To help release blockage and move forward combine with Kunzite and Kyanite.
- Wonderful to carry around as a grounding and protecting talisman. You can pop a piece in a Mojo Protection Bag to assist the protective energy.
- A wonderful hand warmer when you are feeling unsettled and in need of direction.