- Alternative Names: Green Diopsite, Diopside Chrome, Russian Diopside, Imperial Diopside, Russalite, Vertilite, Serbelite, Black Star of Indian, Tasharine and Siberian Emerald
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Location: Canada, Russia, South Africa, Namibia, Madagascar and Brazil
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 5-6
- Colour: Blue Green
- Forms: Uncommon– Natural formations, points, rough, natural, tumbled and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius and Scorpio
- Numerological Number: 9
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I listen to my heart.
Diopside History Mythology Information: The name Diopside comes from the Greek words dis meaning ‘twice’ or ‘two’ and opse meaning ‘face’. or ‘vison’ It got this name due to the way the crystals face. In 1988 with the break up of the old Soviet Union Diopside started to become more commercially available as Diopside stones started to come out of the harsh Northern Siberian area the Republic of Sakha.
Fakes: I have seen a lot of Chrome Diopside Fakes on the market particularly in the high graded faceted stones. When tested these usually turn out to be green glass.
Diopside Metaphysical healing Properties Information: Diopside is a very powerful healer particularly with matter surrounding the heart, it allows you to heal and to open up and begin to trust in yourself and others again. It helps you to connect to Mother Earth and better understand how you can live in harmony with her. It assists you to live and be in the present moment, particularly when you are at a crossroads and looking for guidance on where to go next. Diopside is a powerful mental cleanser and detoxifier and helps you to clear away any blockages that you are holding.
Diopside allows you to be more in touch with your true heart desire/desires and assists you to bring through the trust, compassion and understanding in yourself in order to progress towards achieving all of your goals. Affirmation: I listen to my heart.
Question: What does your heart truly desire?
Chakra – Heart Chakra
Diopside Physical Healing – It regulates cell disorders, thymus, and high blood pressure. Overcomes fatigue & shock, addiction and stress.
Diopside Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages and help detoxify and cleanse.
- Used in energy work in order to cleanse the Aura and release blockages that you are holding. Combine with Selenite and Fluorite for a thorough cleansing.
- Wonderful as a healing tool to move through the auric field and working on the Heart area.
- A great stone to carry around and use when you are looking to forgive yourself and let go of past blockages or issues that you are holding.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages or a damaged aura. Combines well with Charoite, Aquamarine, and Lemurians
- Great as a tool to assist with working on any issues on the heart and understand what you truly want out of life.
- Great to meditate to when looking for direction in your life