Dalmatian Jasper (Dalmatian Stone)
- Alternative Name: Dalmatian Stone
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Location: Mexico
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Hardness Mohs: 5-7.5
- Colour: White with black spots markings
- Rarity: Common
- Forms: Rough, tumbled, cut and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Numerological Number: 9
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I have trust in the universe and know that I am protected.
Dalmation Jasper History Mythology Information: The name Dalmatian Stone comes from the stone’s resemblance to the dog of the same name and its spotted coat. This stone is only found in Mexico and is quite porous so it can be easily dyed. If this stone is any other colour than black and white/cream it has been dyed.
Dalmatian Jasper or Dalmatian Stone Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Dalmation Jasper is a great grounding stone and will help you to come back to earth in all aspects of your life, this is particularly true if you have a highly analytical personality. Dalmatian Jasper is a wonderful stone if you work with animals as it will help you to connect with them and at the same time give off calming and soothing energy so that the animals feel safer being around you. Dalmatian Jasper is a stone that allows you to learn from your past actions so that you don’t repeat the same mistakes and can move forward with composure while remaining calm and focused. Dalmatian Jasper is a protective and grounding stone due to the black/brown Tourmaline inclusions (spots). Affirmation: I have trust in the universe and know that I am protected.
Question: Do you allow your animal friends to enjoy the energy of your crystals?
Chakra – Root or Base Chakra
Healing – Will assist with increasing energy flow.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when reflecting on past events or making decisions moving forward.
- Great to use when dealing with hurt or sick animals. Stones that are great for this purpose are Dalmatian Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Pietersite and Black Tourmaline.
- Carried or worn as a talisman for protection.
- It can be used in all energy work as a protection and grounding stone. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.