Citrine Information Video
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Location: Brazil (most citrine out of Brazil is heat-treated Amethyst), Russia, France, Madagascar, China
- Citrine Hardness Mohs: 7 to 7.5
- Rarity: Natural Rare, heat treat common
- Colour: Yellow/Orange and can have a greenish ting
- Formations: Points, Geodes, caves, Pineapple cluster, clusters, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Modern November – Traditional June
- Astrological Sign: Aries, Gemini and Leo
- Numerological Number: 6
- Element: Fire and Air
- Affirmation: I have sun in my belly and I embrace and accept all that life gives me with joy and abundance.
Citrine History/Mythology – The word Citrine was used to describe many different yellow coloured stones up until the sixteenth century, at which time the name was then assigned to yellow quartz only.
There are many types of crystals that fall into the Quartz family however the five main ones are:
- Clear Quartz – clear to milk in colour and can have inclusions
- Smoky Quartz – light brown to dark brown-black in colour
- Citrine – yellow to orange in colour and can have a green ting
- Rose Quartz – pink to lavender in colour
- Amethyst – mainly purple however colour ranges from white to black and it can also be found in green
Citrine Metaphysical Healing Properties: Citrine is the stone of Abundance and has a wonderfully sunny energy. Citrine is a very powerful cleanser and re-generator and will assist in clearing away old patterns and help to build new ones. It is a strong energizing stone and will enhance your creative side as well as opening up your intuition. Citrine helps teach us how to manifest prosperity in our lives, by showing us all that is good and how we can enjoy it and share it with those around us. Citrine helps us to rebuild our self-confidence and overcome fear, then to relax and go with the flow of the situation.
Working with Citrine is like have sunshine in your belly. It raises your self-confidence and allows you to be all you can be and achieve all you can. This is one of my first pick stones is someone is feeling low. Affirmation: I have sun in my belly and I embrace and accept all that life gives me with joy and abundance.
Question: What stones make you feel energetic?
Baked and natural Citrine – I am often asked the question over the different between Natural and Baked Citrine here is my response. I find that natural citrine has a very similar vibration to baked Citrine it is just a lot more intense due to the time it took to be created. You have the same makeup in both stones, bake Citrine has just been fast-tracked to get there were as Natural Citrine has happened over a long period of time. I very much enjoy working with Natural Citrine because of its intense clear vibration but have worked with both over the years due to the cost factor.
Chakra – Solar Plexus and Sacral Chakra
Healing – Stimulates the digestion, spleen, pancreas, increases blood circulation, detox blood and balance the thyroid
- Citrine is best used when it comes in constant contact with the skin
- it is also a great meditation device by holding or gazing into particularly for abundance and self-confidence work.
- If you have a money tree at your door/doors place a Citrine in the pot or hang it from the tree to enhance the abundance.
- For money/abundance work combine with Pyrite, Jade and or Green Aventurine.
- When used for healing it should be placed on the relevant area or over the Solar Plexus or Sacral Chakra
- Makes a wonderful Crystal Essence particularly when used for abundance or self-confidence.
- For self-confidence, work combine with Sunstone, Carnelian and or Tigers Eye.
- Place a stone in your wallet or purse to attract abundance into your life – and as a constant reminder. Open your wallet and be reminded that abundance is for you and is coming into your life!
Citrine Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.