- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Secondary
- Rarity: Common
- Location Found: Australia, Bolivia, Mexico, Namibia, Russia, and Zaire
- Hardness Mohs: 2 to 3.5
- Mineral Class: Ring Silicate
- Colour: pale green to turquoise
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Gemini, Taurus, and Virgo
- Numerological Number: 5
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: I welcome the different stages of my life calmly with ease.
Chrysocolla History Mythology Information: The Word Chrysocolla comes from the Greek word ‘Chrys’ meaning gold and ‘Kolla’ meaning glue. It has this name due to the fact that the Ancient Greeks used to use the stone to solder gold. It was believed that the person possessing a stone would be more creative and feminine. The Native Americans believed that the stone had much healing power and that it could strengthen the body’s resistance and calm a person when stressed.
Chrysocolla Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Chrysocolla is a transitional stone that will assist through any upheavals or changes in your life. Times in your life when Chrysocolla will be of benefit to you are if you are going through any loss that leaves a void that you feel the need to fill, this can be the loss of a loved one or the loss of a job or breakdown of a relationship….. whatever leaves that empty void for you personally. It is also a great stone to use for relationship issues or personal transformation, this can and does include adding a new baby into your life and coping with the changes that happen. It will help to bring clarity to these difficult times and help release stress so that you can stay calm and focused and keep on moving ahead.
Chrysocolla is a wonderful stone to use with the Thymus or Second Heart Chakra as it will help you to come to terms with the past and release any sorrow you are holding over past events. It is a very supportive stone and helps you to find inner peace by releasing any anger, guilt, or blame that you are holding over the situation. Due to its wonderful colours Chrysocolla can be used to open both the Heart and Throat Chakras and create a better understanding of our circumstances and assist us with better communication.
Chrysocolla is a fantastic stone for the preparation of having a baby as it allows the changes coming in the body, mind, and spirit to be prepared and ready in a very gentle way. It has been referred to as the ‘midwives’ stone due to how midwives like to carry it to assist expectant mums to have a gentle birth.
When working with Chrysocolla I get a great calm, knowing that change is a good thing and helps us grow and become the person we are meant to be and the need to shout out to the universe ‘bring it on!’ Affirmation: I welcome the different stages of my life calmly with ease.
Question: Where is my current path leading me?
Chrysocolla is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Silence’
Chakra – Throat Chakra, Thurmus or Second Heart Chakra and Heart Chakra
Chrysocolla Physical Healing – Assists with infections in the throat area including tonsils, helps regulate the functioning of the thyroid gland, lowers high blood pressure, insulin production issues, PMS, healthy fetal development, labour pains, helps reduce inflammation issues such as arthritis, rheumatism, and joint issues.
Chrysocolla Applications suggested uses:
- Chrysocolla should be worn for long periods of time as a comforting stone or keep the stone close to you for it’s love and comfort during a period of a loss and is particularly useful in times of grief. Combines well with Mose Stone, Chrysocolla, Apache Tears, Lepidolite, Black Onyx and Smoky Quartz at this time.
- This stone is great as a gift to a pregnant person so that they can have a healthy happy pregnancy. Try combining with Amber, Moonstone, Unakite, and Rose Quartz.
- Midwives and expectant mums like to carry this stone with them during birth to assist with a gentle birth and it is also referred to as ‘the midwife stone’.
- It can be used in all meditations on the Third Eye to assist spiritually, on the throat to assist with communication and on the Heart or Thurmus to open heart and release old hurts.
- A great hand warmer in times of stress or change.
- At the front door in order to guard against unwanted callers or neighbours.
- When placed at the front door Chrysocolla keeps out danger and guards against unwanted callers or neighbours. Combine with Black Tourmaline, Jade and a Hag Stone for this purpose.
Chrysocolla Products for Sale