- Alternative Names: Cornelian
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Location Found: Indonesia, Brazil, India, Russia (Siberia), & Germany
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Mainly Orange, Red, Yellow and brown
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: August and also prominent for the Aries zodiac sign
- Astrological Sign: Cancer, Leo and Taurus
- Numerological Number: 5 and 6
- Element: Fire
- Affirmation: Energy flows through my body and I feel alive and joyful.
Carnelian Mythology and History Information: Carnelian’s name comes from the Latin word meaning ‘flesh’ and its colour ranges from a pale pink-orange to a deep rusty brown. It is a variety of Chalcedony and is a member of the Quartz family. Carnelian is one of the most ancient and well-favored Gem Stones to be used throughout the world. Ancient artifacts particularly amulets have been found in most culture and it is considered a very lucky stone.
Carnelian Metaphysical and Healing Properties Information: Carnelian is an amazing stone that has been used throughout history as a healing protective stone. Carnelian has the ability to anchor and ground you into the present reality. It helps to reconnect you to nature so you can better understand the cycle of life and that all things have a place and time and trust in yourself that you are in the right place at the right time and can make the right decisions. Carnelian works through and stimulates the Sacral Chakra which helps to move your creative energy. It helps to connect all of your meridian or energy points so that your energy flows and you feel more vital and better able to work and play.
Carnelian is a great stone to work on relationships as it helps to restore trust particularly if there has been abuse involved. Carnelian is a calming stone that allows you to let go of anger and bring peace into your life. Affirmation: Energy flows through my body and I feel alive and joyful.
Question: What makes me feel alive in my life?
Chakra – Base, Sacral and Solar Pexlus Chakras.
Carnelian is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Creativity’
Carnelian Physical Healing – Stimulates metabolism, female reproduction organ, overcomes rigidity, and impotence. Heal’s rheumatism, arthritis, neuralgia and depression. Regulates body fluids, kidneys. Improves the absorption of vitamins.
Carnelian Applications suggested uses:
- Carnelian should be worn in contact with the skin for long periods of time
- Carnelian is an amazing protective talisman that can be worn on a constant basis
- When placed at the front door Carnelian keeps out danger & allows abundance to enter. Combine with Black Tourmaline, Jade and a Hag Stone for this purpose.
- Can be used in help particularly with the lower Chakras.
- Place in grid work for creative energy, abundance, and protection.
- Carnelian can be carried or placed in a work area in order to get the creative juices flowing. Stones that combine well for creativity are Red Tigers Eye, Carnelian, Citrine, Garnet and Rhyolite for this purpose.
- Make a happiness Mojo Bag in order to bring joy into your life during a difficult time. Combines well with Amber, Golden Rutilated Quartz and Sunstone for this purpose.
- Laid on during healing or meditation
- Work with Carnelian to inspire passion and commitment as a couple. Stones that combine well for passion are Carnelian, Garnet, Ruby and or Red Tigers Eye in order to bring the passion back into the relationship as well.
- It can be taken safely as an essence. Please make sure you clean all stones thoroughly prior to making an essence and if unsure of safety use as a topical spray. Crystals that can be safely used to make essences are: Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, Citrine, Agate (not dyed), Moonstone, Carnelian (not saltwater), Rutilated Quartz, Jasper, Aventurine, Amber and Obsidian.
Carnelian Products for sale