- Alternative Names: Cornelian
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Location Found: Indonesia, Brazil, India, Russia (Siberia), & Germany
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Mainly Orange, Red, Yellow and brown
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: August and also prominent for the Aries zodiac sign
Carnelian Mythology and History Information: Carnelians name comes from the Latin word meaning ‘flesh’ and its colour ranges from a pale pink-orange to a deep rusty brown. It is a variety of Chalcedony and is a member of the Quartz family. Carnelian is one of the most ancient and well favored Gem Stones to be use throughout the world. Ancient artifacts particularly amulets have been found in most culture and it is considered a very luck stone.
Carnelian Metaphysical and Healing Properties Information: Carnelian is an amazing stone that has been used throughout history as a healing protective stone. Carnelian has the ability to anchor and ground you into the present reality. It helps to reconnect you to nature so you can better understand the cycle of life and that all things have a place and a time and trust in yourself that you are in the right place at the right time and can make the right decisions. Carnelian works through and stimulates the Sacral Chakra which helps to move your creative energy. It helps to connect all of your meridian or energy points so that your energy flows and you feel more vital and better able to work and play.
Carnelian is a great stone to work on relationships as it helps to restore trust particularly if there has been abuse involved. Carnelian is a calming stone that allows you to let go of anger and bring peace into your life.
Chakra – Base, Sacral and Solar Pexlus Chakras.
Healing – Stimulates metabolism, female reproduction organ, overcomes frigidity and impotence. Heals rheumatism, arthritis, neuralgia and depression. Regulates body fluids, kidneys. Improves absorption of vitamins.
- Carnelian should be worn in contact with the skin for long periods of time
- Carnelian is an amazing protective talisman that can be worn on a constant basis
- When placed at the front door Carnelian keeps out danger & allows abundance to enter.
- Can be used in help particularly with the lower Chakras
- Place in grid work for creative energy, abundance and protection.
- Laid on during healing or meditation
- Taken as an essence
Carnelian Products for sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.